- 16 -

No one's POV - 16

Everything seemed awkward for the next few days. The four boys sharing the mixed dorm were very adamant to not speak to each other. Harry and Neville spent time together to avoid being harassed.

Draco and Theo avoided crowded areas. They had received the most hate. Two former death eaters attended the school where so many people had suffered and died.

Draco still had Harry on his mind quite often. It was chilling how close they were but how far apart they felt from each other.

What both boys didn't know is that their glass dandelion boxes had yet another clue in them. This clue vaguely identified who the person could be.

However, due to both of their stupidity, they forgot about the soulmate letters for the time being.

Classes had become increasingly harder considering the war had eaten away at a year of education for the returning eighth years.

Harry was getting restless. His former friends still looked at him as if he was some sort of disease on the bottom of their shoe.

Neville was actually talking to Luna Lovegood again. Harry, Neville and Luna would eat, study and talk together.

They had officially become the outcasts of the school.

The only person that had offered to talk to the three of them was Professor McGonagall.

She sat down with the three of them and asked if the war had affected them. From that day on, Harry had tea with the professor almost every weekend instead of going to Hogsmeade.

Currently, Harry was trying to focus in Herbology class.

It was becoming his favorite class but he could barely focus. Something was bugging him. He knew he was forgetting something, something very important and probably life changing.

God, he wished Hermione was here. She would slap him on the back of the head and yell at him. Merlin, Harry, retrace your steps and don't be such an oaf. I'm not your daily reminder or events calendar.

Harry sighed. He wasn't the slightest bit interested in learning about Bayabas or their medicinal uses. He was, however, bugged about something he was missing.

It had been weeks and this feeling was bugging him. He was always drawn back to his dorm but when he got there and looked at his trunk, he pulled a blank. What was he doing there?

The room carried strange energy, no energy he had ever felt before. It came in waves when Harry least expected it. They had begun the day he had died many months ago.

At first it was a trickle, Harry just assumed it was what happened when you were resurrected from being killed by dark magic.

Then when he got back to Hogwarts, he felt it hit harder than ever. It came most at night, when everyone was asleep in the dorm.

And now, in Herbology class, it was hitting him very hard. He was partnered with Draco and Neville. It was very quiet except for a hum of that strange magic energy Harry had felt.