6 • She Gets A Cut

Payal

Payal

The sun dipped low, casting a glow on the corridors. I stood there near window, looking outside. From this window I could see the arrangements of that mela ( fair). Soon I regretted looking out. The more I was watching these, the more my heart was getting heavy with disappointment & frustration.

I can't go. Only because of him! He ruined my evening. He crushed it with those bare hands. Now I even regret calling Rajkumaar kind. He was not kind at all!

" Payal? " I flinched suddenly when a hand tapped on my shoulder. Turning to my right, I saw Chandni. She was smiling, looking at me.

" You know the preparation is huge for tonight! I can't stop my excitement! Let's finish our works as soon as possible and visit the fair " Surely she sounded so happy for the evening as I also promised her to go with her there.

My heart already felt bad only with the thought of telling her that I am not going. I am sad & now she will be sad too.

" What happened Payal? Aren't you excited! You have not watched Chandrapur's fair yet!" Shaking my hand, she brought me out of my thoughts.

" And I will never watch " With a sigh I said.

" What? What do you mean? " Chandni asked with a frown.

I pouted sadly before saying, "rajkumaar did not give me permission to go "

" What? " She palmed her mouth. "So, you are not going?"

I shook my head silently.

" Whatttttttttttt!!! " I had to cover my ears when she ended up shouting that loud.

" Hey! What are you both doing! Go & do your works " And just as she screamed, a raspy voice caught us.

With fast steps, we started to leave the place & engrossed ourselves in our works.

Chandni kept on whining about the same again and again for some time but I was helpless and she was aware of it too. Somehow I managed to make her go with Akshit. Both of them were sad for not having me.

But I could not waste their portion of happiness because of me.

After that I became busy with some more works just like every other day in this palace. I was busy preparing dinner for the workers and it's been some hours while doing that. My mind totally forgot about the time as I was very busy. Suddenly someone entered in the kitchen.

" Payal, rajkumaar is calling you " An attendee informed me.

My mind filled with frustration within a second. I bit my lip in disturbance and asked, "why?"

She raised a brow. "What do you think what are we? His servants. If he calls you, just be present there rather than asking questions. " Even she talked to me while raising her tone. Anyone comes and shouts at me. Now I will go to his chamber and he will shout again!