14 • Prince Longs For Her

Writer's pov

Writer's pov

Veer silently intertwined fingers with Payal. He also didn't know what was happening to him. He just knew that he needed her to be closer. He liked seeing her, hearing her, talking to her  & what not. Everything about her was so perfect and making him crazy.

There were some new sensations going on his body. Veer could not even ignore them. Neither he could ignore Payal. The more he tried to stay away from her, he finds himself being attached to her.

Finally this day Veer gave up. He gave up on his tries. When his heart wanted her closer, he too asked for it, listened to his heart.

" A.. Agar koi h... humein ese dekhle... Galat samjhega... Humein jana chahiye... Rajkumaar "  suddenly she managed to speak.

( if anyone sees me here... They'll think bad... I should just go... Prince )

Veer did not speak a word. He was just trying to calm his heartbeats, his breaths and his nerves. All his thoughts, and everything found peace because of her presence.

Payal could not find any answer of his movements. She frowned. " Apki tabiyat kharab hai kya? "  Worry was everywhere on her face.

( are you sick?)

Veer smiled saying, " Agar ha bole toh reh jayogi kya? "

( if I say 'yes', will you stay?)

She looked down briefly. " Apki dashi hai, apki seva karne zarur rahenge "

( I'm your servant, I'll stay to take care of yours)

Veer's heart clenched hearing that 'servant' word. He looked at her with indifferent eyes and met her clueless eyes. There were purity, innocence and loyalty. Just as she gave words to her , she didn't move from her words at all. Just like she promised him to keep their relationship as a secret, she kept it and she was still keeping it still. Only veer found himself stepping away from his words.

" Dashi ke alawa bhi toh kuch ho " veer said.

( you're more than a servant too)

Payal smiled. But there was bitterness in her smile. She simply looked away not answering anything. A pain gathered up in her body. Something was hurting in her.

And Veer somehow understood it.

Caressing her palm, Veer said, " Ek baat kehna chahte hai"

( want to tell something)

" Dekhogi nhi humari taraf? " He asked again. But she didn't response.

( won't you look at me?)

Veer sighed and decided to share his feelings. " Main us raat ko bhul nhi pa raha. Jitni dafa tumhe dekhta hu, woh raat nazar ata hai, payal... Badi takleef hoti hai "

( I can't forget that night. Everytime I see you, I remember that night, payal... It disturbs me)

Payal felt a pang on her heart hearing that she is causing disturbance to Prince. In a swift she understood that she was watching those fake, lame dreams. The difference of their worlds was so big.

She tried to take her hand back from his grip but Veer did not leave it. Instead he just held it tighter. "Tumhe dashi banke, sara kaam karte dekh takleef hota" He confessed.

( watching you being a servant and doing the duties, cause me disturbance)

" Your place is not that. I married you. Your place is with me."

Payal smiled bitterly and said, " Humari lakeerein bhi alag hai rajkumaar. Humari naseeb mein ap nhi hai"

( even the lines of our hands are not same. You're not in my fate)

Payal had already accepted it. Even though she desires a little bit longing for prince but she accepted the bitter truth with all her heart. Unbeknownst to her, the prince was far from resigned. Her mere existence had begun to haunt his days and nights, a sensation he had never experienced before. No woman had ever captured his attention in such a way, and now, he was determined to define these newfound emotions.

The once steadfast prince now found himself being so lost. His days blurred into nights, and the girl's presence consumed his thoughts. He had never been distracted by anyone before, but Payal had woven herself into the very fabric of his existence.

He quickly rubbed their palms together. Payal was shocked. Could not justify his actions.

" What are y---" She attempted to say but was cut off by him.

" Abh lakeerien ek hogyi hai dekho"

( see the lines are same now)

He spoke looking at her and expected a small smile from her. He just needed her now.

But payal did not match his expectations. She frowned and said, "this is not making any sense"

Veer shook his head before saying, "nothing is making any sense. Why don't we stop caring? "

Payal shook her head. His words were leaving her in a blur. When she just wanted to come out of his thoughts, veer started to pull her closer. She didn't want to be wrapped in all these.

" Why didn't you come to my chamber all these days? " Veer asked.

She sucked the air before saying, "I'm your maid, why will I come to your chamber like this way? When you'll call me, I'll come"

Veer nodded determinely & looked at her with more focus. And this time he stated, "then I'm calling you this time. Stay "

Payal's heart started to beat loud. So much loud. She couldn't tolerate his presence anymore. "I n.... need to go.. " She said.

Veer shook his head, stopping her from leaving. "What if I'm not leaving? "

" Please. " She said again. Her voice was stern.

Veer left her hand instantly and sat on the bed. He feared to make her uncomfortable..

And Payal did not waste a moment before running away from his chamber.

✨✨✨

Socha tha romantic hoga par pata nhi kya hogaya...sorry...

All the edits are done.

Thank you for the patience.