9 • He Heard Her Words

Writer's pov

Writer's pov

Humming to a song, Payal was cleaning the dust from the library. A smile was never leaving her lips. Her mood was happy since the last night. And she was wearing the bangles , rajkumaar Veer gifted her. The more she was moving her hands, the more they were giggling and creating a beautiful melody.

She loved listening to it.

She could not stop her thoughts. Maybe rajkumaar veer was not that bad.

Her eyes fall on the huge shelfs of library. They were filled with so many books. "Does he read all of it? " She asked herself. And her lips parted a little. How much time can it take to finish these books? Doesn't he get bored?

Her thoughts were rushing continuously.

Suddenly a pair of hand wrapped her waist. She flinched at first but then voiced calmed her racing heartbeats.

" Payalll!! The mela was so good. I missed you! " It was Chandni who whispered happily in Payal's ears, almost hugging her from the back.

" Yes it was really good! I wish I could go with you" Payal replied.

Suddenly Chandni noticed something. "Huh" Breaking the hug, she cupped Payal's arm. "What happened here? " Pointing at her bandaged hands, she asked.

" Oh... I.. "

" Ahhhh " Payal couldn't even finish her words when Chandni yelled more. " Where did you get these bangles? "

Payal bit her lips in nervousness. Now what will she say? She was not prepared for any lies. Suddenly she regretted not removing the bangles. Chandni already knew that payal does not even money. How could she buy those?

" Ra.. Rajkumaar " Payal stated gulping.

" What? " Chandni was shocked.

Payal finally got some lies in her head. But it was hard to spill. " Actually....Yesterday I was cleaning his chamber and then cut my hands.. So rajkumaar became very thoughtful and gifted me these " She managed to say.

Chandni was still shocked. Her lips were parted. She just blinked.

" Rajkumaar tujhe pasand wasand karta hai kya? "

( does the prince like you? )

" Chup pagal hogyi hai kya tu kuch bhi bol rhi " Payal pushed her away little bit but chandni was still looking at her with suspicious eyes.

( shut up. You're speaking nonsens)

" Ahh.. Yeh sab chhor na.. Kuch aur baat karte hai.. " Payal tried to turn the subject to some other side but that didn't work too as Chandni wasn't moving.

( ahh.. Let's leave it. Let's talk about something else)

" No no. We will talk about rajkumaar only. " Shaking her head, Chandni insisted.