The Bloodied Rose

Summary: When the white lotus won't leave you or you're intended alone, the best way to get rid of a flower is to pluck it up. If that doesn't work, well, then it's time to take matters into your own hands.

Villainess: Faith
Main Female: Brianna
Male Lead: Michael

Requested by: faithp1010

__________________________________

"Brianna, please stop with your endless endeavor of pursuing my fiancé. It is getting quite annoying."

Throughout her time as a reincarnated villainess, Faith was doing all she could to keep her appearance and not make a fuss. The old heiress of the original story was known to fly off the handle if things didn't go her way. The original tale had her become so ill-tempered and shrewd that her fiancé, Prince Michael, left her for the main female lead, her little sister Brianna. However, unbeknownst to the rest of the world, Brianna had been slipping pills into her sister's food for years which made her moody and vile. To usurp her status as the heiress, take the prince as her own, and finally gain approval from their stuffy father. The old story ended with Faith being locked away to rot in a dungeon while her little sister got everything that was rightfully hers.

This would not work out in the next reincarnation though.

Since Faith kept all her previous memories, she knew about her cruel sister's plot from the beginning. Her maid, Rosemine, served both her and Brianna but favored her sister. Conspiring with Brianna meant that in the original timeline, she ascended to duchess status due to her poisoning her. However, Faith knew better than to ever eat anything Rosemine brought in and secretly told her servant Divi to slip her food when they weren't looking. Being her younger self also meant that her reputation wasn't ruined yet, so if she didn't eat the pills, she would keep her calm and cool demeanor.

When Prince Michael finally entered the picture, it was Faith that was catching his eye instead of Brianna this time. Her little sister kept her cute face, but inside Faith knew she was seething. Faith smiled to herself as she spoke with clear diction and took an interest in the prince's activities to have some commonality, unlike her previous self that worshipped him. Brianna even tried to humiliate her by attempting to trip her as she got from the table, but her quick movements allowed the blond-haired beauty to smack her face against the edge of the table. This would knock her unconscious and allow her more time with the prince.

This was the start of their rivalry. Brianna had no idea how much Faith knew her every move and wasn't even intimidated by her threats and lies. Their father had summoned them into his office to praise the elder, and berate the younger for acting so callous. Brianna found herself outsmarted in every attempt at Faith's life by either Faith, Prince Michael, or Divi being a loyal servant. In the span of a few years, Faith was almost killed by hired thugs, pushed down the grand staircase, and even abandoned in the woods after one hunting trip. Throughout the years, she had grown in stature, and power, and was one of the most influential people in the kingdom. 

There was just one nagging little detail that she had to get rid of.

This brings them to today in which Faith invited her sister to a tea party in the densest part of the garden. She had Divi bring out the nice teapot and had her make some rose tea. Little cakes baked by her were placed on a tray and decorated with rose petals. Faith even dressed in a nice red dress that complimented her figure and exemplified her mature look.  Her hands were covered by protective, dainty gloves. She did not need makeup as the prince stated she looked better without. Their relationship had grown since the prince realized that she wasn't some ditzy damsel unlike her sister and could hold a conversation. She asked him to train her in combat to fend off her sister's killers.