1, 2, Switch!

Summary: If you first don't succeed, try again with reincarnation! However, make sure you end up in the right body. At least you have each other.....

Requested by: Yukito__Snow

Villainess: Daphne, a servant girl who died from a broken heart. She's back but...

Male Lead: Augustus, the fair prince died at the hands of the one he loved. He's back but...

Female Lead: Marilyn, a noble girl who tricks the poor prince into loving her. She had a chance but...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived a handsome prince.

The prince was blessed by the heavens to be the fairest prince of the land. His birth brought good fortune for his family, his kingdom, and the people around him. His looks were fair, but his heart was good. Many vowed to capture his heart and bring honor to their families. Many came with proposals, but his father, the king, declined them all. 

You see, when Prince Augustus was born, the king and the queen were visited by a powerful enchantress. She instructed the couple to never let the prince be married by any woman who was not pure of heart. The couple asked how they would distinguish good from evil when it came to the woman in question.

"Do not be fooled by her looks and charms. She will not be like any princess, any noble lady, and she will sacrifice anything to be with your son. If he should marry any other girl, terrible misfortune will befall you."

Prince Augustus was kept inside of the castle and not allowed to have contact with opposite gender. Many foolish girls tried to get into the castle and meet the mysterious prince, but they were captured. So many women wanted to be with the prince due to his blessings and his air of mystery. He was only allowed the comfort of the servants who served him well and the teachers who taught him well.

In another place was a young girl by the name of Daphne. Now she was born into poverty and her parents had no money to spare for her. Due to this, she wore ragged clothes, her hair was cut quite short, and her face bore no makeup. This caused the poor girl to develop poor self-esteem and envy the girls who had more.

"I wish my parents had money so that I may go to fancy parties and eat delicious foods. Still, I will not scorn them since they make do with the jobs they have."

Not wanting to be a burden to her parents, Daphne got herself a job at the castle as a scullery maid. However, many saw her haggard appearance and dirtied face and mocked her relentlessly. They hid her clothes and cut her hair so short that she took the appearance of a man. Seeing her new boyish figure, they decided to name her Dumphrey. Poor Daphne was then sent to become the servant of the prince since they assumed she was a male.

Augustus was intrigued by this new servant and tried to befriend him. Daphne saw how kind and sweet the prince was and wanted to help him with any task. The two bonded for many years with Daphne falling in love with the kind prince. Augustus would vent out his frustrations to her while Daphne would listen. Daphne spoke about life outside the castle and commoner lifestyle. Through her eyes, she wanted to foolishly believe she could marry him. Through his eyes, he saw a pure hearted individual beyond the rugged looks. 

 Now, coming from a far away kingdom, was a young lady named Marilyn. She came from a prestigious family and lived in the lap of luxury. Her face and personality were delightful, but inside her heart was a spot of evil. She utterly despised those of the lower class and thought nothing nice of them whenever she did charity work. The only reason she did so was to keep face and gain the chance to meet the prince.