My Plush Spirit King

Summary: It's your typical romantic plotline....with a twist! Plus, it has cute stuffed animals.

Requested by: 

Villainess: Alyss, a lonely girl who only has the companionship of her plush rabbit and the scorn from everyone else.

Heroine: Farrah, a commoner girl who rose the ranks to become a massive success.

Male Lead: Spirit Lord Arcana, the most powerful entity in the kingdom, under the guise of a cute fluffy bunny plush.
________________________________________

Love, it seems, is measured by how much you are adored by others.

When a man loves a woman, he will do his best to be her protector, shielding her away from the slings and arrows of misfortune. When a woman loves a man, she becomes his best friend, encouraging him and making sure to point out his misdeeds. Parents love their children enough to discipline and reward them.

I never got the feeling that someone loved me.

Here I am, on my graduation day, standing among my peers. Everyone is looking lovely in their ceremonial robes. All of their families were there to congratulate the transition from student to adult. 

The man I thought loved me for years was in the arms of another. Not just any other, but the school sweetheart Farrah. The two were acting lovey-dovey toward one another for the past couple of hours. Crown Prince Frederick and the girl from the slums Farrah were the power couple of the school. 

Oh and the other pieces of eye candy she called her "friends". Among them was my estranged brother who was glaring at me from across the room. The other man was the new spell master who had the power to make anyone disappear. With all those men by her side, you would assume she was some sort of harlot or woman of the night. 

However, this was not the case.

I sat aside of all the festivities, sipping silently from the glass in my hand. Champagne for recent graduates? How appropriate. Some of these people will be drunk or passed out by time the night is over. All I had to sip with was my adorable stuffed animal which I carried around everywhere I went. Reflecting back on my schooling, I realized I never made any friends, lost the love of my life, and lost faith in humanity all within the span of four years.

How sad...

Before my dark thoughts could sink me even lower, my dear Oz was snatched out of my hands. I looked up to glare at who had taken him before realizing it was Farrah herself surrounded by her bodyguards. The commoner girl had some nerve to act all pious and innocent when she was the reason I was friendless and fiancé-less. It's quite disheartening when you think about how much she had sacrificed to make my life more miserable and yet labeled me the bad guy.

"You still carry around this ragged old thing? When will you finally grow up Alyss?" She held the rabbit in her hands as if the thing repulsed her. "You would think someone of your stature would not carry around plush novelties like this all the time. What are you, some sort of baby?"

I didn't feel much like talking to her since she could sic her hounds at me. So, without any emotion, I held out my hand as if to demand her to give Oz back to me. She sneered at this, but turned her face back to her innocent façade.

"Poor Alyss! You have no family to go back to, no fiancé to love you, and the only friend you have is this little stuffed bunny. I feel so bad for you." She leaned forward, whispering in my ear. "Just admit defeat and come to my wedding ceremony. I promise not to kill you afterwards if you just tell everyone here that you are nothing but dirt under my shoes."