My Kitsune Friend Deserves A Second Chance

*Summary: A kitsune betrayed, a civil war, prejudice, genocide, and a second chance. Can Prince Carter save his beloved friend or is she destined to die for the greater good?*

Villianess: Princess Ayesha, the eldest kitsune sister, former heir to the throne, and founding leader of the rebel alliance. She was forced into a loveless marriage and died in the first timeline.

Male Lead: Prince Roebuck, heir to the throne of the human empire and most handsome man alive. He follows his father's footsteps in prejudices and favors himself a savior of lives.

Female Lead: Princess Denisha, youngest kitsune sister, albino in color and quite the beauty. She betrays her country in order to secure her place as Roebuck's only wife.

Second Male Lead: Prince Carter, illegible child of the king and forgotten son. He spent his days fawning over Ayesha and helping her from the sidelines. Was devastated by her death and plans to fix her future.

Requested by: MariaAthenaKYu

_____________________________________________________________________

"Burn the witch!"

"Traitor to the country!"

"Death to those hateful beasts."

I was running out of time as I ran down the empty hallways of the castle. The sky was red and filled with the smoke clouds of the burning pyre below. I could hear the agonized screams of the ones who invaded the country to fight for their rights. It came so fast and swiftly, but their country was betrayed by the newly crowned queen of ours. She sold out her own people for power, how could one do something like that? The king watched their burnings with a cruel smirk on his face while spewing some nonsense about no one will ever defy his rule again.

"Let it be known to all you filthy beasts that I am not someone to be trifled with! Death to your race and death to your children, so that we will never have to deal with your kind again!"

The cheering of the people I once thought as allies and comrades filled my ears. I had to hurry before things got too late. Several guards tried to block my path, but I slashed and hacked my way through them. Eventually, as I ascended the staircase towards the magician's laboratory, I happen to gaze upon the face of the one whom I loved approaching a pyre bigger than the ones that the others were subjected too. All the burnt bodies were strewed on the ground as the guards brought her up to be tied and gagged. Her eyes narrowed at the man whom she was forced to wed with contempt and ire.

Princess Ayesha had once been a strong woman that could take on any man before her. She had lead the armies of her people to our country to break the truce and free her people. However, due to years of proper planning and preparation, her army was quickly slaughtered and the rebels captured. They beheaded her father and killed the rest of the royal family sans her sister. That's when they realized that it was that sister, who married my brother, was the one who betrayed them all. Her charm and wit was buried under false niceness and sweet words. She wasn't loyal to her own people and relished in the chance to have her sister killed. This was a moment of pure triumph on both ends because my brother hated that Ayesha was the only woman he couldn't tame.

"Before we send you into the flames of hell, I shall ask you one more time wench." The king's eyes reflected the fire. "Submit to me...or die."

There was silence for a moment as the kingdom waited with bated breath. I paused in my steps as my heart pounded in my chest. The one whom I loved gave him a glare before her lips gave her answer.