Brother, Love Me Tenderly

Summary: What if the best man in your life was your adopted brother? For someone who sticks by your side no matter what, you shouldn't throw that love away!

Villainess: Mella Evans
Male Lead: Orson Graves
Secondary Lead: Abel Evans
Female Lead: Gina Steward

Requested by: CristyChavez9
———————————————————————————————————

"Mella, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for some time."

Abel Evans is one of the few choices for a love interest in the otome game Twilight Lovers.

The game prided itself on having unconventional routes and many different ways to earn the love of each male lead. There were four in total, but every girl wanted to be with the male lead Orson Graves, a suave student council member who came from a rich family. The other three males were well off, but they weren't as popular as Orson. If the player chose Orson, they would get his happily ever after scene with a beautiful wedding. Like every game, there was a heroine and a villainess. Gina Steward, the default female lead, was kindhearted and sweet while the villainess, Mella Evans, was cocky and snide. In every route, Mella was seen thrown out of the Twilight Academy, and either arrested for attempting murder or even taken out by the male lead. Needless to say, she was written to be hated.

However, due to this being an otome game, there was a secret route that not many players knew about. Nobody had ever posted how to earn the right nor did anyone attempt to hack the code. The creator of the game themselves had spoken about the last route with great joy. This route was the brotherly love route, in which the player could seduce Mella's adopted brother Abel onto their side. Abel was cold and unfeeling due to the abuse from his former family and the constant verbal abuse from his new family. Mella treated him like trash, constantly making him do things for her, and even forcing him to be her servant while at the academy. However, despite the other routes, Abel is seen dying due to his sister being killed or breaking her out of prison. The fandom was split down the middle with Abel since he was a victim of abuse but seemed to care for the villainess in a twisted way.

There was a player who managed to find the hidden route and she was horrified to find out how the route ended. Like the other routes, Mella got what she deserved for treating Gina like trash and was seen getting kicked out of the academy. The worse part was that Abel was also thrown out due to associating with her, causing a rift between him and Gina. To keep her kind appearance, Gina tries to persuade the police to not arrest Abel but is unable to. So, with a heavy heart, Gina breaks up with Abel as the shocked boy is sent to jail while Orson comforts her. The route ends with both siblings being sentenced to death for fraud and Orson and Gina getting married after school.

"What a load of bull crap! How do I even play as Gina when I know she's just as terrible as Mella!" The beta tester roared, nearly smashing her keyboard. "Everyone needs to know about the terrible writing for the hidden route."

Before she could gossip about the hidden route, the beta tester blacked out and found themselves in pre-game content. She had been thrown into the body of Mella before Abel entered the household. The Evans were a wealthy couple with one daughter but was unable to have another child. Adoption was the only way to keep the family thriving, so young Mella was raised alongside Abel to keep face. Abel was a year younger than she was but passed because he looked like her father enough.

"No way am I following the Mella of the story! I'll be killed or worse!" The tester bit her lip as she watched the car holding her future brother inside enter the grounds. "Knowing how each route ends and how Abel feels for Mella, I should use this time to make a better connection instead! No matter what happens, I will be the best big sister ever and make sure nobody hurts my precious Abel!"