lying to yourself

layla slept in her apartment whilst anna slept in her house as yesterday anna and layla had an disagreement where everyone was starting to go home with layla asking questions about what chase said.

"what did he mean when he said she used to do that all the time to me? did you guys date?"
"it was so long, why are you obsessing over it?"

layla looked at her puppies who comes towards her licking at her face, she hums opening her eyes getting out of her bed going downstairs where she then sees oscar coming into her apartment.

"what happened between you and anna?"

layla furrowed her eyebrows looking at her best friend, "nothing," oscar gives his best friend the face, "okay, maybe something did happen," he crossed his arms, "she didn't tell me that her and chase dated,"

oscar run a hand through his hair, "they didn't exactly date, i mean he did come back to her house after playlist last year," layla looked at him, "you knew?!"

layla said loudly to her best friend who flinches, "why didn't you mention it?" oscar scoffed, "oh, cause i'm gonna say oh layla, by the way, chase and anna were talking before you two got together, no," he shook his head at his best friend, "they were only talking, it's not like she was in love with him,"

layla ran a hand through her hair, "this is like the situation with luis," oscar furrowed his eyebrows, "who?"

she sighed, "someone i was seeing before i dated drew," oscar nods his head, "i don't know what happened between you and luis, and i don't want to know, all i know is that anna loves you, she's in love with you, chase is just a friend,"

oscar clears his throat, "i should go and talk to her, huh?" oscar nods his head, "i'll take them for their walk, you go and get ready and go to your girlfriend's house," layla nods her head.

she comes to her apartment stairs stopping turning back to her best friend, "you're a great best friend you know that right?" oscar smiles, "i know," layla playfully rolled her eyes, "oh and don't forget that we need to talk about what happened with you and madi,"

____

layla comes inside her girlfriend's house closing anna's front door behind her, "is anyone home? bub?" she asks coming more inside the house, "hello?"

turning a corner coming towards her girlfriend's living room seeing no one in there, she goes up the stairs taking her air forces off, looking inside each room stopping when she sees purple led lights on.

"bub?"

she comes towards the slightly opened room door, peaking her head inside seeing her girlfriend on her computer with her iphone up against her computer looking at the tiktok she made.

layla furrowed her eyebrows looking at the writing on her girlfriend's post about talking to people about her problems but she doesn't like being vulnerable, "bubba,"

anna turns around in her chair after she posted that tiktok taking her headphones off of her head, "h-hey," layla looked sadly at her girlfriend, "i'm sorry, i shouldn't of—"

anna shakes her head, "no, i should of told you about me and chase," layla reaches out now holding anna's hand in hers, "you don't have to, i just i don't like the thought of anyone having you besides me, and i know that sounds bad but—"

layla says when anna interrupts her, "i love you," layla half smiles, "i love you too," she leans down with her free hand coming to anna's cheek kissing her girlfriend, "you mean so much to me, i don't ever want to lose you,"

"you won't, and vice versa," layla lets out a breath leaning her forehead aganist anna's forehead when layla pulls slightly back, "so about this tiktok you just made,"