6. Allies

Art by @ZapphireArts on Twitter

Your POV

The people that I knew were planning to break Dream out were Techno, Phil, Punz, Wilbur, and Skeppy. I just needed to talk to them alone. First Punz.

I reach Punz's base and hide waiting for him to come back. After a few hours in the afternoon he did. I jump down from the tree I was hiding in which startles him and he pulls out his sword.

I raise my hands in defense. 

"What the fuck Y/N!? You scared me!"

"Sorry," I say.

"Why were you hiding in the tree?" he asks suspiciously.

"I was waiting for you," I answer. "I need to talk to you privately."

"Alright, come in I guess." Punz puts his sword away and waves me into his base.

His base looks similar to mine with chests everywhere but the walls are white instead of black.

He sits at a table and gestures for me to do the same. He takes a sip of water before speaking.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about Dream," I say.

"What about Dream?" he asks.

Will he tell me the truth or the answer that will save his own skin?

"Are you planning to break Dream out of prison?" I ask.

Punz chokes on his water as I say that and starts to cough.

But I saw what I needed. I saw the look of shock and realization. The look when someone's been caught.

"No," he says quickly, trying to recovering from his coughing fit.

"You're lying Punz," I say, standing my ground.

"I am not!" he yells back defensively.

"Tell me the truth!" I yell banging the table with my fist. "I won't turn you in or anything like that if you say you're planning something."

Punz sits there and stares at me for a while. I can see he's debating telling me.

Finally he speaks but in a near whisper.

"How did you know?" he asks in a hushed voice as if he's afraid someone will hear him.

"I just do," I say. "But all I needed was confirmation from you that is was true. Some allies and I also want to break him out too. I was going to ask you if you would be interested in working together on this mission."

Punz sighs.

"I'm breaking him out because I'm loyal to him, not because he's paid me. I believe that he has the right ideas and morals to lead the people."

"As do I. I spoke with him today and told him about what I wanted to do," I reply

"You visited him in the prison?" Punz asks.

I nod.

"H-how was he?"

"Sad, alone, depressed, and scared," I reply.

"Oh," Punz says, his face falling slightly. He stares out the window. The bright autumn leaves fall to the ground. Creating a carpet of red, orange, yellow, and brown leaves.

"Who else is involved?" Punz asks changing the subject.

"Techno owes Dream a favor for helping him escape during his execution. Techno got trapped in prison with Dream to obtain information and then broke out. Techno has the blueprints for the prison and is planning with Phil as we speak. You want to and so do Wilbur, Skeppy, and I."