8. Second Visit

Your POV

I need to let Dream know that we're all ready and I need to ask about Ranboo.

I enter the prison for the second time. Sam seems surprised to see me again.

"Oh hello Y/N," he says. "Back so soon?"

"I want to ask Dream why he's done all the bad things that he's done. His reasoning and motives. I want to see if there's any good in him."

"Okay," Sam says. "I assume you want to keep your armor right?"

I nod.

"Alright follow me."

I want to make Sam trusts me completely but how? I have an idea but I don't know if it will work out. I should try I guess. He doesn't look like he's been on many dates before...

The lava falls and I see Dream huddled in the corner sleeping.

"Good luck," Sam mutters.

"Thanks," I say with a smile which makes him smile back.

I walk across the lava bridge over the lava. I stand in the cell and wait for the lava to fall. Now we're alone.

Dream POV

Ever since Y/N left I couldn't stop thinking about her. I really wanted her to return. I don't know how many days it's been since she was here. This morning I curled up in the corner and went to sleep. I feel so alone. I long for someone. Next thing I know I feel something around my shoulders. I wake up and see Y/N sitting next to me with her arm around me.

"Glad you're awake," she says and starts to pull her arm away.

I grab into her hand.

"No please," I say desperately. "I've had no human contact since forever." The words come out very wrong.

She seems to understand. Her face softens and she pulls me into a hug. I eventually end up lying on her lap. My face pressing against the glowing netherite of her chest plate. Her hand strokes my hair and back lovingly. We just sit here for a while.

"I have good news," she whispers softly into my ear.

"What?" I mumble.

Y/N pushes me into a sitting position and stands up. She walks backwards for a bit and turns to face me.

"Everyone agreed to work together to break you out. We'll meet together in two days at Pogtopia to discuss the plan."

"Who?"

"Guess," her eyes sparkle mischievously like she knows a secret I don't.

"Well I know Techno and Phil."

"Mhm."

"Uh— Wilbur, Punz, and Ranboo?"

"Why Ranboo?" She asks. "The rest are correct but why Ranboo?"

Wait does she not know? Should I tell her?

"Uh—"

"What do you know that you're not telling me? It will help me formulate a good escape plan."

"I don't think I should. You'll hate me," I say backing into the wall.

"Dream," she warns and puts her hand on her sword's handle and starts walking towards me.

"No— I—"

She pulls her sword out and backs me into the corner. She leans onto me and presses the blade against my neck.

"Dream," she whispers only inches from my face. "Tell me the truth."

"I can control Ranboo!" I burst out. I shove her away from me cower in the corner.

Y/N puts her sword away and looks at me.

"What? Give me details."

I take a deep breath.

I need to learn to trust people. If she's going to be my partner in the future I need to be honest with her.

"I woke up one day and started walking around on the Smp. People passed me and said "Hi Ranboo". I realized that I was in Ranboo's body and I could control him. I could be in his mind and talk to him. He didn't seem to remember anything about my control but he was confused and worried. I made him visit me in the prison because I am lonely. Now Sam doesn't let him in. I don't really want to control him anymore. I tried to convince him to help me get out instead of physically controlling his body. I guess you could consider it manipulation."

I drop to my knees and huddle in the corner again. She walks towards me and hugs me tight.

"I'm not mad. I'm relieved you told me the truth and I can tell Ranboo that if he helps us, you won't control him anymore."

I smile. "I would like that"

"I'm going to tell you a crucial part of the plan," she says.

We both stand up and she faces me.

"I need Sam to trust me. I keep complimenting him trying to get on his good side and I think it's working. After I leave here, I'm going to ask him on a date."

"What?!" I yell. "Why?!"

"To gain his trust and hopefully be able to steal one of his spare warden keys. Just trust me okay? I know what I'm doing."

"Alright," I say.

She turns to leave.

"I'll meet with you two more times. One to discuss the plan and the last to give you some last minute instructions."

I nod.

"Sam!" she calls.

The bridge is sent over and she leaves. Disappearing through the curtain of lava.

——————————————————————————————

885 words

Date? 👀

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!