41. Arrows

Dream POV

I stare at the white skull holding the bow and arrow.

I wait for the arrow to pierce my forehead but it doesn't.

A flaming arrow hits the Skeleton King right where the neck should be. The skull rolls off and falls to the ground. The rest of the body does as well. I gasp in shock and the rattle of bones tells me I'm not the only one.

A cloud of purple particles fills my vision and a figure in full enchanted netherite and a back hood lands on the podium.

Potions are splashed on the ground.

The red particles float all over the stage. The guards fall over, dead.

A potion that kills skeletons. They're undead mobs. These are potions of healing.

The healing potions combat the arrows of harming and I feel much better.

The person throws tons of healing potions into the crowd. Skeletons die on impact and they all run around in panic.

I feel the ropes cut and stand up watching them cut the knights free as well.

I rush over to them to see their face. I pull off the black hood.

"Y/N," I sigh with relief.

"I thought you might be in danger but it took so long to get to you," she says with a smile. "Here take your gear back and get out of here"

She dumps the armor and items onto the floor and we suit up.

The skeleton crowd rushes towards us and pelts us with arrows.

"Just go!" she yells throwing potions at the skeletons.

"No! I'm not leaving you!" I yell as Sapnap and Punz drag me away.

"Dream," she pleads looking me in the eyes. "If I die, you know what to do."

I swallow and nod. We run away and I watch as the mob of skeletons close in around her. I feel tears slide down my face as I keep running.

Skeletons chase us through the forest, shooting arrows at us.

"We need to split up!" HBomb yells.

We all split off in different directions.

"Meet back at the castle!" Sam yells, his voice is distant.

I run, the adrenaline coursing through me. I hear arrows hitting my armor and lunge out to attack the first skeleton. The sword slices it in half but the second manages to shoot an arrow of weakness in the gap of my armor. I feel dizzy as they shoot more. I cry out with pain as the arrows draw more blood. It pools on the grass. I fall to the ground and my eyes close.

I'm dragged along the forest floor and my thoughts go back to Y/N as I black out.

Y/N POV

"Just go!" I yell at Dream.

He wants to help but I know that it's not safe.

"No! I'm not leaving you!" he yells as Sapnap and Punz drag him away. He kicks and flails trying to get back to me.

I need to fight them off alone, where they won't see my powers.

"Dream," I say staring into his eyes. "If I die, you know what to do."

He nods and runs off looking back at me. Once I'm sure he's out of range, I summon my inner fire and let it out.

The skeletons fall into charred heaps of ashes and bones. Others flee but they're not quick enough as my lightning catches up with them. I set the castle on fire, killing any skeletons I find.

I chase some through the forest and I find them on Sapnap's tail. I kill them and he keeps running not looking back.

I hear a cry of pain and I know it's Dream. I crash through the forest and find him on the ground with about a dozen arrows sticking out from him. He has the weakness particles.

The skeleton is about to shoot more when I drive my sword through its skull. Its body falls to the ground with a rattle of bones.

I grab Dream and drag him away from the area knowing there could be more. Once I think it's safe, I listen to his breathing and heartbeat.

Still alive but just barely.

I continue dragging him but I worry he isn't going to make it. I stumble and splash into a small stream.

Water has healing properties.

I haven't practiced water healing but I know it's possible. No time to waste now.

I pull the arrows out and set them aside.
I push Dream in the stream until he's mostly covered in the water. I hold my hands fully submerged in the water and rest them on his chest.

Concentrate.
Feel the movement of the water, and imagine it seeping into the wounds, healing each cut.

The water glows a brilliant blue color. The wounds glow slightly and Dream's breathing becomes more steady.

I can't drag him all the way back. I could reopen the healing wounds. I have no choice.
I have to teleport.

Teleporting, done wrong could end us up in god knows where or even worse, with someone losing a limb.

(Yes like apparating from Harry Potter)

I grasp Dream tightly and close my eyes.

Our bedroom, the castle.

There was a flash of bright light and suddenly we were both back in our bedroom sprawled put on the floor.

Callahan came in and his eyes widened at the blood still seeping from some of the wounds.

"Help the other knights when they arrive," I say trying to sound calm. "I can handle Dream."

He nods and leaves the room closing the door behind him. I lift Dream onto the bed and carefully inspect his injuries. He had 14 arrows in him and several more bruises, scrapes, cuts, and the damage from the two arrows that the healing potion didn't heal.

After using magic to pull out the weakness arrow tips, I clean Dream's wounds and bandage them up.

I sit there stroking his blonde hair and his pale cheek.

"I'm sorry love," I say. "But I did warn you to be careful."

I plant a loving kiss on his lips and I feel him gently kiss back.

——————————————————————————————

1,051 words

2 updates today!

Technically it's 1:50 am rn but who cares

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!