Chapter 17: Like Really Hot//Mine Forever

Aubree P.O.V.

Waking up this morning Andie wouldn't let go of me but we've managed to get her calm enough to hangout with Oby and Kid so Zander, Jay, Blade, Gunner and I could go for a coffee run.

Sitting down we are all half dead but liven up at the voice of our waitress, "Hi, I'm Britt what can I get you this chilly morning?" Jay's eyes widen at the sight of Britt, like he just found his soul mate or something. Britt is short maybe two inches taller than me but has medium length blonde hair with bright blue eyes, she's really pretty I don't blame him for staring.

"Black coffees all around creams and sugars on the side please" He says finishing with a smirk, making her blush. "Do you go to our school you look familiar?" Britt smiles and nods saying she's in a couple classes with some of us, she keeps glancing over at Jay and when she realises he's still staring at her she looks down at the table. Her face is the colour of a fire truck poor girl. I feel that.

"Could I get your number? We should hangout sometime!" I smile up at her while Jay is looking at me like I just had the greatest idea ever.

She looks over at Jay who nods at her as if giving her permission. "Yes of course, here put your number in my phone!" She looks happy to have made a friend, "I'll text you, my schedule and we can figure out a day to hang out! I know this really nice club maybe we can hit it up tomorrow night once I'm off work?!" She seems very outgoing and the smile on her face makes it really hard to say no, I nod my head yes and give her my best 'mega watt smile' as Zander calls it.

Britt once again looks over at Jay who was frowning at her now but once he see's she's looking at him he smirks again, blushing she moves away from our table to get our coffee's. "A club? Aubs you're not really a clubbing type person.." Jay is talking to me but is looking at Zander.

"You're not going to a club." Zander speaks for the first time since we've sat down, he has his arm around the back of my chair. I give him a look that says excuse me? He chuckles looking over at me "Don't. You're not going, I'm sure you can find something entertaining to do at the house." Kissing my head everyone is quiet while a different waitress brings us our coffee's everyone saying thank you as she leaves. "It's not your thing you'll just be uncomfortable the whole time and we have a meeting to be at tomorrow so it's not like I can come get you baby. You're staying home."

"Wow. Seems to me I can go if I wanted to. You're not my dad Zander.. I'm more than capable of holding my own, you know this as does everyone else at this table." This is our first disagreement and it's not sitting well in my stomach. I feel sick that we're even having this conversation.

"Aubree. This conversation is over, with everything going on right now going out isn't in your best interest." I know he has a point, and that it would be incredibly stupid to be anywhere without him right now, but I wish he would have at least pretended to consider it and talk to me in private about why it wasn't a good idea. I stayed silent the rest of the morning, lost in my own head, I'm sure Zander thought I was ignoring him but I really just needed to think.

Arriving back at the house I went to my own room so I wouldn't be bothered with Zander coming in to continue our conversation.. I just wanted to be alone for a little bit.

A couple hours passed and I must have been really in to my book because it was just about dinner time already, I can hear Ma calling us all into the family room, "Hello my children, I have something to discuss with you tonight so i'll need you all by the bonfire in about an hour, Aubree I wont need your help with dinner tonight love." She smiles at me but it seems almost like a pity smile, Zander must have talked to her.