Chapter 7: What do I Wear// Party Time

> A/N Not edited<

Aubree's P.O.V.

Okay the school week is finally over. We've already finished our history project and for handing it in early we got extra marks. I've been hanging out at Z's house everyday after school because Derek has turned the house into a war zone. Mom is now on dad's side saying that the boys aren't that bad,even though she's never met them. She says this is the happiest she's ever seen me and that it's all thanks to the boys. So Derek's all bent out of shape because of it. I drove my car to school today so I can go buy some clothes for Blades' party tonight. I have no clue what I'm wearing and Oby's parents paid me for our tutoring sessions yesterday. He got a 94% on his unit four test so Mr. Cane gave me a hundred extra dollars and bought Oby a new laptop. Zanders grade in history went up too and he got a new exhaust for his bike. It's been a good first week of school, minus Gunner getting suspended for punching a boy in the face for accidentally shoving me in the hallway, making my books fall out of my hands, but because of me Gunner hasn't fallen behind. I helped him and kept him up to date during his time away. I say goodbye to the boys. Z gives me a hug, and walks me to my car. He opens my door for me and helps me with my bag that has nothing but my psych textbook in it. "Thanks Z. I'll see you at 5 to help set up right?" Z nods and reminds me I'm allowed to stay the night. "Am I driving there or are you picking me up?" This morning I drove to school but that didn't stop the boys from coming to my house in the morning and escorting me to school on their bikes.

"I'll pick you up. Gunner is letting me use his truck. Can we make it 4:30? I need you to help me get snacks and Blade 'votes' more alcohol." I smile and nod my head yes. "Awesome! Also please consider staying over. My grandmother is making a huge hangover breakfast for everyone in the morning!" Laughing I tell Z I'll think about it. Driving towards the mall I can't help but smile. Tonight should be fun, my first party with my first friends.

Walking into the mall I head towards a punk type store I guess. Looking around I find really nice heeled low cut booties. Going to the register and paying, I see the girl at the counter has blue hair. I've always wanted to do something fun with my boring brown hair, so I've decided to get something 'fun' done to my hair. Sitting waiting for the hairstylist at the salon, I pull out my phone and text Z.

How do you feel about the color purple? - Aubree

As always Z responds instantly.

Purple's cool, why? -Z

Just wondering don't worry about it -Aubree

Okay little weirdo. See you at 4:30! -Z

Laughing a little bit to myself as the hairdresser comes in I tell her what I want and she gets to work instantly. Finally done with my hair the stylist lets me look in the mirror spinning me around. I avoid looking anywhere else other than my hair. She beach waved my brown hair and I love it. Under all the brown on the right side is a chunk of vibrant purple hair. "I love it, thank you so much." I pay and leave going to my make up appointment - about half an hour later my artist is done, I thank her and hand her forty dollars. She's only done my eye makeup because I hate the heavy feeling of foundation and powders. She did eye shadow, eye liner, obviously mascara and she filled in my eyebrows for me. I haven't seen yet cause I don't really want to look in a mirror. I bet it looks good, especially because I'm wearing contacts today instead of my glasses, I only have 15 minutes until Z will be at my house so I need to find an outfit and quickly.

I've found some Guess jeans, and a black flowy sleeveless crop top with gold pieces around the neckline. I figure I'll just wear it with my black leather jacket. Looking at the time I have 5 minutes to get home and get dressed. Making it to my house before Z, I run upstairs putting my new clothes on, just in time for the doorbell to ring. I put on my boots, grab my Kate Spade purse and make my way downstairs. Hearing voices I walk a bit faster but as I reach the last step there's silence, mom, dad and Z are sitting in the living room and when I make eye contact with Z my breath is taken away. His normal long blond hair that hangs in front of his eyes is combed back with hair gel. He's wearing a tight black shirt with his cut over top, his same blue jeans and black boots and damn does he ever look fine. No Aubree stop it, he's your best friend. Bad brain. "Wow Aubree." He stands up and wraps his arms around me. "You look gorgeous." It's so hard to think of Zander as just a friend when he does and says sweet things like this. I blush as he lets go lightly brushing my hips as he pulls away "Oh and the hair looks amazing, Mrs. 'what do you think of the color purple'. I like that you worry about if I'd like it or not." Z smirks and I quickly look away making my way over to my parents who are grinning ear to ear and say goodbye to them while I hug them both.