Chapter Three: Home sweet...let's go?

PARKERs POV

"...Cole?" The woman asked already practically in tears.

Cole showed a grim smile and nodded his head.

The man who also looked shocked came up next to her and smiled.

We all sort of just stared at each other, and by that I mean the parents couldn't take their eyes off of Cole and Cole and I switched back and forth between the two of them.

"Can— can I hug you?" She asked eagerly.

"Sure," Cole said quietly stepping towards them.

The women opened her arms wide and slowly pulled him in. After a couple seconds she let him go and stepped back.

His dad offered out his hand to which Cole accepted and shook.

"Hello," Cole said shyly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," the women laughed awkwardly. "I'm Caroline. It's just...just so nice to have you home, Cole!"

Her cheeks became quickly rosy.

"Charles, it's nice to meet you," Cole's father said.

"Charles honey, you've already met him," Caroline elbowed him lightly.

"Right, of course," Charles said. "But we have not met you yet."

He offered out his hand to me.

"Parker," I said shaking his hand.

"You're Cole's boyfriend?" Caroline asked while still smiling.

I nodded my head awkwardly.

Neither of them reacted badly or weirder then they already were, so these people already have one up on Cole's other parents.

"Please please, come on in!" Caroline turned around and walked towards the side entrance of the house.

I followed Cole behind her and Charles came in behind me.

We followed them down a bright hallway into a beautiful kitchen/dining room. The ceiling was at least 20 feet tall and looked almost like it was made of marble.

The counter tops were dark and shiny, matching the dark cooler appliances.

"Holy shit," I mumbled. Cole elbowed me again, but luckily I think he was the only one who heard me.

We followed them through the kitchen and into the living room which had three couches, two square tables, and a large concealed cabinet aligning the wall.

Please tell me you hit a button and a TV pops out.

"Please, sit," Caroline pointed at one of the couches.

We sat down and watched as Wesley took our luggage upstairs.

I looked at Cole who stared blankly back at his parents.

"This isn't awkward at all," I accidentally said out loud.

"Parker!" Cole disappointedly hung his head.

"No it's fine, he's right. I'm sorry, we don't want this to be awkward. We know it's a big change, for all of us," Caroline said still smiling.

"Do you have any questions for us?" Charles cleared his throat and asked trying to guide the conversation.

"Umm..." Cole began. "I have another brother?"

I wasn't expecting him to be so outright with it.

"Yes, he's currently at the tennis courts," Caroline nodded her head.