Chapter Eight: Your hair is getting long

AERO's POV

I could feel his glare from the back seat.

"Can I help you with something, Patrick?" I asked whipping my head around.

He sat with his elbows on his knees and his head rested between his hands. The dumb smirk on his face lead me to believe he wanted something.

"Could I perhaps have another piece of taffy?" He asked pointed at my bag.

I rolled my eyes and took out the whole bag of taffy. I tossed it over my shoulder and hit him with it.

"Just take the bag!" I said shaking my head.

"Thanks!" He smiled like a child on Christmas and tore the bag open.

"Hand me a pink one!" I heard Aurelie tell him.

I looked over at Thomas who rested one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the edge of his sunglasses.

He did a double take with his head as he noticed me staring at him.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Nothing," I answered and smile.

As we drove over the Massachusetts boarder I suddenly became nervous. There was a pit in my stomach that was hard to explain. I anxiously wrapped my finger tips around the ends of the sleeves of my sweatshirt—well, technically Thomas's sweatshirt.

"Are you still cold?" Thomas asked looking over at me.

"What?" I asked and then looked down at my nervous hands. "No not really, I'm fine."

It was a lot warmer here then it was in Toronto, in fact seeing both Thomas and Patrick in shirtsleeves was a sight I hadn't seen a lot until this trip.

***

Thomas parked the car while the rest of us brought our stuff into the hotel.

"I seriously thought we were gonna die on the last street!" Aurelie complained. "People just drove however they wanted!"

"That's Boston for you," I joked.

We walked up to the front desk to check in with a dark, curly haired women with big glasses.

"I think it's supposed to be just the one room?" Patrick asked the lady confused.

"It says two queen rooms for Buchanan," the lady told us again.

"That's perfect, thanks," Thomas said coming up from behind us.

"Two rooms?" Aurelie asked.

"Seems like Mr. Buchanan splurged for some privacy, if you know what I mean," Patrick joked.

A small smirk came across Thomas' face.

The lady at the desk cleared her throat and said, "Your keys."

Slightly embarrassed, I grabbed one of the keys she held out and turned to face Thomas who could definitely see me blushing.

Thomas held the door open for me to bring in my bag. The room was decently sized with a queened sized bed placed in the middle of the room with a tv mounted on the wall across from it.

I threw my bags down on the floor and let my body collapse backwards onto the bed.

I closed my eyes and folded my hands on my stomach. I can't help but wonder what everyone else in the world is doing. Lila's helping out her parents, Parker and Cole are probably playing racketball or whatever it is that rich people do.  Ben's probably—