#23 I will always be your friend!

Akash

It's not very often that he dines with the Ganesans, but today is an exception. Seated at the breakfast table, Akash observes Samridhi as she enthusiastically serves breakfast to everyone.

There's the South Indian special idly today, and some mouthwatering sambar, something he rarely got to eat ever since he set his foot in Uttarakhand

There's the South Indian special idly today, and some mouthwatering sambar, something he rarely got to eat ever since he set his foot in Uttarakhand. All he'd like is to indulge himself in it, but time and again, his eyes follow the movements of the said girl.

There's nothing weird here. He's no stalker, but there's something astonishing about Samridhi's behaviour.

She's animatedly rambling about all kinds of things - the kinds of breakfasts there are, the streetside little restaurants in Chennai and what not; and Dhruva is nodding along, hanging on to every word of it

She's animatedly rambling about all kinds of things - the kinds of breakfasts there are, the streetside little restaurants in Chennai and what not; and Dhruva is nodding along, hanging on to every word of it. It's like he's lost, admiring the sight of her face, and his breakfast continues to remain untouched.

A few minutes of this, Akash has to nudge his friend in the side, gesture to his plate and bring him out of his reverie.

Isn't it strange? What happened? Are the skies coming down on the earth? Why is Samridhi Ganesan acting friendly with Dhruva?

Akash can't fathom anything. Snorting under his breath, sending sidelong glances at Dhruva and Ridhi who are still talking and then at Amma who's obvious to all this, he gives up, returning his attention to idly-sambar.

After breakfast, Ridhi asks Dhruva to accompany her for a day out in the town.

Surprise!

Akash can only watch as the latter agrees right away and the two of them excuse themselves, armed with Amma's consent, leaving him with nothing but his thoughts.

***

He has no idea where Dhruva is, or what the guy is up to. Now alone in the gym, assisting Shakti master and a couple of others, he finds himself ruminating about a lot of things.

He's known Dhruva for many, many years now. They had been inseparable back in Chennai, and now, here in Dhandera too, but all of a sudden one girl decides to waltz in between.