#69 A heart, unrestrained

Dhruva

That night after he'd gone out with Adit and Co. He ended up in his room late at night and woke up breaking in a cold sweat.

He'd gone insane to dream of kissing Samridhi like that — that weird dream of his that's sure to turn into a haunting nightmare is why he left his home. He couldn't stay after that. He left Chennai and came to one place he calls home — Shakti Master.

Days that pass since then feel like they are dragging on forever. He tries to move on, keep his head straight but earns no cooperation from his heart on that part. Why can't he forget his love for her and be content with what he got? Damn, not just Samridhi, he misses amma too. Amma would've been heartbroken at this point, no doubt. But he can't return to them... He's no longer capable of containing his unrequited feelings for Samridhi and keeping them a secret.

Initially, he wanted to stay close even with Samridhi though he knew they couldn't be together, and it came to this. Would she be happy now that he's gone? Did the engagement happen in his absence? Maybe yes...

 Would she be happy now that he's gone? Did the engagement happen in his absence? Maybe yes

One lazy, not-so-cold afternoon in Dhandera. Winter's gone, spring approaching. He's pushing himself to work out some more to keep these pesky thoughts at bay. To keep his head clear. As long as he's trying he should be able to save himself from this despair.

Pushups. A few more... He's breathless when he spots a pair entering his room. From his spot on the floor, he can only see their shoes. A man and a woman.

He lifts his head up and finds they are Shiva and Akshara.

"Shiva?" He jumps to his feet, wiping the sweat from his face with a hand towel. "Is Samridhi with you?"

How sheepish he feels that's the first question that leaves his lips. A wry smile touches his lips. Ha. Wasn't supposed to ask that! "What brings you here?"

Shiva looks like he's preparing himself for some kind of explanation

Shiva looks like he's preparing himself for some kind of explanation. His shoulders are a bit tense and the guilty expression doesn't suit him at all. Dhruva wonders what happened.

"Dhruva, I... I'm sorry. Samridhi isn't here with me. And she won't be."

Dhruva's brow furrows. Shiva goes on.