#24 What I feel is a secret

Samridhi

The slight amounts of exhaustion seeping into her shoulders and legs is the cue, everyday working hours have been taking a toll on her.

Another month flew by, here in the remotest part of Uttarakhand. Thankfully, she's done with her final rounds for the day.

Her salary this month is going to the charity program undertaken by the hospital, but she has no regrets. She's just volunteered for yet another medical camp in town. No regrets there too, as that is just her service to the nation as a doctor.

Having no regrets in life is extremely important, and that's exactly why she's become friends with Dhruva.

All her life, she had no reason to hate him. Her emotions were usually the opposite, so....

No, she will not elaborate on the past events or her feelings for the said man. She must swear to live fully in the present and enjoy the precious time she has with him.

This wouldn't have been possible if not for him. How kind is that man to agree to be friends... after all that she has put him through?

Peeling off her white coat, freeing her neck from the weight of the stethoscope, Samridhi plops down into one of the empty sofas in the on-call room.

Setting her things down beside her, she leans back into the plush cushions and lets out a sigh.

Her shift has just ended. The softness of the sofa provides the necessary comfort to her tired body.

Gently closing her eyes, relaxing a little should be more than enough, but she loses track of everything as the colourful town of Dhandera comes alive behind her eyelids.

Is she asleep? Is she dreaming now? Maybe yes.

She had a fun day out with Dhruva. It was a little awkward to get started with things, but soon everything was convivial.

They first went into a clothing store.

She'd asked Dhruva to select a cute outfit for her, pointing to a couple of sarees, encouraging him to pick one. The helpless look on his face had been a treat. She laughed out loud.

"Enna idhi, master... You should have an eye for these things, not just martial arts..."