#61 The saudade when we love deeply

Samridhi

Another day, another activity. Another fun event that's got nothing to do with the Quasquicentennial. The love letter exchange programme! Valentine's isn't close, and the QSC organises an event that's exclusive to its members.

The QSC guys and girls were ecstatic when the proposal came up. Dhruva was outvoted and everybody was in. The poor chap turned out to be the only one against the event. How gratifying!

This is a stress buster, the other QSC members said, amidst the chaos of prepping for the big event.

Samridhi glances at the envelope in her hand. She hasn't written any letters, of course. This one belongs to someone else. She could have written something anonymously but there was no such option.

The sender and the recipient are neutrals, the latter, unaware that a letter is addressed to them. The sender mentions the recipient's name while expressing their feelings inside the letter, prepares a sealed envelope with the recipient and their best friend's name on top. Naturally, the task of acting as the messenger bird befalls the best friend. The envelopes collected in a box are sorted and distributed by an organizer.

Sakshi wrote a letter to one of Dhruva's friends! Who knew the girl got it bad for this guy?

'Sakshi, you hid things from me, you devious girl! Or is this a trick so I can find Dhruva? No, it can't be...'

Sakshi isn't around to hear her grumbling. Samridhi carries on, walking this way and that, the hem of her velvet kurta and the scarf around her neck swaying in the morning breeze.

Finding Dhruva under the daylight is a breeze

Finding Dhruva under the daylight is a breeze. He always has his sienna-coloured jacket on. He excused himself from the chaos happening near the stage and found a seat on one of the benches the QSC instated in the common grounds.

He's at the far-off corner. Samridhi makes her way to him, surprised to find him clutching a letter.

"I was looking for you, ma," he says when their eyes meet.