#13 Fun and Reunions

Akshara Nair

School reunions are always fun. Meeting old friends, feeling nostalgic are part of it. And Kozy Cafe, Kottayam's famous rooftop garden cafe is the venue for this heartwarming reunion.

Almost all her batch mates are present in person, Akshara is delighted to meet several of her friends. All of them have grown into fine youngmen and young women, she has trouble recognizing some. Well, she has been in touch with most of them, but the change people undergo over the years can be quite astounding.

Some of her girl pals are married too, teasing her and asking her to spill her marriage plans.

"I've got no marriage plans at all... Job is all I think about."

When she blurts out what she generally thinks of, they are quick to tease her back-- "ah don't lie, Akshu, we all know you plan to marry Shiva

When she blurts out what she generally thinks of, they are quick to tease her back-- "ah don't lie, Akshu, we all know you plan to marry Shiva."

Akshara smiles, feeling a tingle of something in her heart. Marry Shiva? Well, he was the sweetest best friend in the entire world, she misses him and thinks of him even though it's been years since they parted, but that can't mean she loves him right?

"Ah now you're thinking of him..." one of her friends Nadia teases again.

" one of her friends Nadia teases again

Akshara huffs, "Come on, guys... I don't love him, okay?"

"Ooohhh!" The girls coo in unison, almost compelling her shut her ears. "So it's love huh? We never said anything about love--"

"Maybe we'll all meet in Akshu's marriage next, huh?"

"How wonderful!"

The teasing never ends!

Akshara usually isn't shy, but these discussions almost put a blush on her cheeks. Girl pals can be a nightmare when they start teasing. This is partly a reason why she got along well with boys. Time to make a quick escape and meet up with the boys.

Adjusting the dupatta of her salwar, she scans the crowd and finds the right guy to greet. Manoj, one of her best friends forever, and the man who's worked hard to make this school meet happen for real. Dressed in a traditional Mundu, he looks the perfect Keralite.