Chapter 5

Sadly, I had to decline his offer. I literally had no sleep for two nights and I wasn't going to miss the chance to finally have a good night's rest which he understood completely.

Dance rehearsals was pretty interesting and strange to say the least. Yeji had kept glancing at me strangely and would instantly look away the moment I lock my gaze with hers. She looked as if she was irritated.

"I'm hungry." Chaeryeong whines as she flops herself on the couch next to me and rests her head on my shoulder. I groan and tap my stomach as it began to make a loud cry in agony. I pout.

"Me too! Jisu Unnie can you cook us some ramen please!" I yell out as she was still in the hallway talking to Yeji. Jisu walks into the living room with narrowed eyes and crosses her arms with Yeji trailing behind her, staring at us in amusement.

"Why don't you two cook it yourself?" Jisu asks. We both glance at each other in sorrow before groaning loudly simultaneously causing her to roll her eyes and chuckle.

"Alright alright fine I'll do it. You're lucky I love you girls. Bunch of annoying brats." She mutters the last part to herself as she makes her way to the kitchen with Ryeong and I squealing in delight as we trail behind her. Before I entered the kitchen, Yeji quickly stood in front of me and sent me a pointed look. I look at her and tilt my head in confusion.

"What?" I ask. She looks back before facing me and leaning closer causing my heart to hammer against my chest. I hold my breath as she leans closer to my ear causing goosebumps to prickle on my skin as I feel her warm breath hit my skin.

"We still need to talk." Before I could register it, she swiftly backed away and made her way to the kitchen. I let out a long breath as I no longer felt suffocated with her sweet scent. I place my hand on my chest as if it would ease my racing heart before walking in the kitchen.

'She's going to be the death of me.'

.......................

"Chaeryeong slow down! This isn't a race." Jisu teases as we all began to eat the ramen she cooked. Ryeong ignores her and continues to shove the noodles inside her mouth, moaning in delight. I chuckle and began to eat my own food.

"Give up now Unnie. That chipmunk's love for food is stronger than life itself." I state, earning a light glare from Chaeryeong. I playfully send her wink before I lowered my head to continue to silently eat.

For a while it was a comfortable, quiet atmosphere, that is, until Lia decided to speak up and unintentionally ruin my night.

"So how are you holding up Yeji?" I kept my gaze down and began to twirl my spoon around my soup, desperately wanting the subject to be changed. Yeji coughs lightly and quickly drinks her water before bringing it down and letting out a breath,

"What do you mean?" She asks. If I didn't know the truth, I would've found her actions completely normal but because I knew, she now looks like a nervous wreck.

Jisu shrugs and sends a sincere smile, causing my heart to clench at the sight knowing what was going to occur.

"You seem to be a little off today. Is it because of the breakup?" She asks. I slowly lift my head and took a glance at Yeji who feigned a look of innocence, causing me to grit my teeth angrily. Yeji smiles softly and nods her head.

"I'm okay. A lot of things are just coming up and it's hard to take it all in you know?" I mentally rolled my eyes towards the actress across from me.

I knew she felt my eyes, seeing as she was fidgeting nervously at the intensity of it. I couldn't hold it in anymore, annoyance was flowing through me. Jisu nods in understanding,

"I get it. If you ever need help with anything, we're all are here for you. You don't have to go through it alone." She says as she kindly places her hand over Yeji's clenched fist. Regret was oozing out of her fake smile and I was the only one who could see it. With a tight smile.

"Yeah unnie, if you ever need to let it all out, you should know that I'm all ears." For the two beside us, it seemed absolutely sincere but Yeji could see the anger burning in my eyes and hear the mock and bitterness in my tone. Yeji silently pleads me to shut up causing me to secretly roll my eyes and look back down at my food.

"Do you still talk to Yeonjun?" I casually ask, causing her to choke on her noodles. Jisu taps her back while sending me a glare.

"Ryujin!" I feign a look of innocence and lift both of my hands up in surrender.

"I'm just wondering. Just want to know that there isn't bad blood between the two because I care." I nonchalantly say while sending Yeji a forced smile which she quickly mimics while narrowing her eyes that were clearly filled with growing annoyance. Yeji takes a deep breath.

"We haven't had the time to talk actually." She says. I nod.

'Liar.'

"That makes sense with our busy schedule and all. Say Unnie, you never told us how you broke up with him. Care to elaborate?" Yeji's hand had slowly turned to a fist and the anger in her eyes was becoming visible to the girls beside us.

From the corner of my eye, I had noticed Chaeryeong drop her spoon and began to fidget in her chair uncomfortably as the unfamiliar tension suddenly grew. Jisu narrows her eyes towards me before facing Yeji.

"You don't have to tell us Yeji." I roll my eyes and leaned back in my chair while huffing in annoyance. Yeji smiles grateful towards Jisu before nodding her head.

"Thanks Lia, I really appreciate that." I scoff causing Jisu to quickly turn to me and stare at me angrily and in disbelief.

"What is your problem Ryujin?" She scowls. I shrug before looking back down towards my clasped hands on my lap. My hands were trembling in anger and discomfort.

'We're lying.'

"Nothing." I mumble out.

'Liar'

Jisu stares at me in confusion and crosses her arms,

"It's obviously something, there's clearly something going on in your head. Are you okay?" I lift my head up to see all of them staring at me with worry etched into their eyes. But seeing Yeji secretly shaking her head for me to stay silent had quickly caused fury to wave through my eyes.

"You know what? Yeah I have something to say." Her eyes widened in fear.

I was going to actually expose her lies but seeing betrayal slowly trickling in her features and the way her lips were quivering as if, if I told her secret something awful would happen. I felt my face suddenly drop and soften.

'Fuck.'

I sigh and look towards the two who were patiently waiting for me to continue,

"I.. I'm tired." I quietly state before standing up. I look over Yeji who seemed to be avoiding my eyes with a blank expression. I narrow my eyes towards her.

"I'm going to bed." I coldly say before stomping out of the kitchen, ignoring their calls for me to go back. Slamming my door shut, I suddenly felt an arising panic attack as my breath began to quicken and tears started to trickle down my cheeks.

Everything seemed to be happening all at once, with lying to my members, seeing their disapproval for the way I acted and being reminded of my past was overwhelming and I desperately needed to forget it all for just once night.

I swiftly grabbed my phone from my pocket and began to type away.

Me: I changed my mind. Still down to meet up tonight?

Beomgyu: Absolutely 😋