Chapter 22

It's been a week since my confession. A week since I met my sister. A week since my past has begun to haunt me. And a week of speaking to everyone BUT Yeji.

Too much has been on my mind that I had no energy in dwelling on what was going on between Yeji and I. It was awkward of course having to act like nothing was wrong between us in front of the cameras but the moment we either enter the van or our dorm we turn the other cheek.

Jisu and Ryeong were obviously worried for the group but what could I do? She needed space from me and I was happy to give it to her.

I'm just tired.

"Hey girls get ready. JYP has called us for a meeting later today." Jisu says as she stared at her screen confusedly. Ryeong and I turn towards each other before shrugging and hopping off the couch.

"Did he say why?" Yeji asks as she enters the living. I quickly avert my eyes to the ground as I walk past her. Jisu shrugs.

"Have no clue, maybe it has something to do with the tour?"

..........

It had absolutely nothing to do with the tour.

The moment we walked in and sat on the chair in front of his desk, JYP had quickly slammed a picture down on his table. We all flinch and look down towards the picture and I swear I had felt my life flash before my eyes.

"Care to explain Shin?" He flatly asks. I gulp nervously under the gaze of YG and the girls beside me. I grip onto my chair.

"I-it's not what it looks like." I stammer out. He scoffs.

"So this isn't you hugging one of the TXT member Beomgyu? Do you think I'm stupid?" He angrily asks as he abruptly stands up. I wince.

"Of course not sir!" He stares down at me with a hardened gaze.

"Are you dating him?" He asks. Without any hesitation, I furiously shake my head.

"No! He's a friend." I exclaim as I felt my heart slamming against my chest repeatedly towards the intensity of his gaze. He narrows his eyes.

"Then why are you holding each other so intimately?" He slowly asks. I glance towards the girls and quickly saw their worried expression, including Yeji. I turn back towards him and swallowed thickly.

"I-I was having a bad day and he was there for me." I slowly say. He scoffs and flops himself back on his chair.

"Why didn't you ask the girls then? And don't you lie to me." He scolds. I take in a breath.

"I-I couldn't, it involved them." I whisper. He stares at me silently, waiting for me to continue. I glance at Yeji and saw her gripping the chair tightly while fidgeting uncomfortably. I grit my teeth knowing I would have to do the one thing I hated doing.

"Not specifically them per se, more of the band. I-I was receiving hate and didn't want them to worry about me." The lies rolled off my tongue smoothly that it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

JYP stares at me for a moment before exhaling loudly and rubbing his temples to ease his frustration.

"I've heard, and I apologize for that but spending time with a male fellow idol could leave you in deep consequences. I had to pay a good amount of money to the paparazzi that caught you." I lower my head in shame and clasped my hands tightly as I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." He sighs.

"I know. And to make sure that it doesn't, I'm going to keep your phone for a month and you are not allowed to leave the dorm, only for dance rehearsal or meeting purposes are you allowed to leave." I quickly lift my head and stare at him in disbelief.