Chapter 9

I felt warm, secured, and at ease.

That is, until I felt someone rudely poking at my cheek to wake me up. I groan and began to bury my head into the warmth and smiled as the sweet scent was absorbed into my senses. But quickly frown in annoyance as I felt another poke on my cheek.

I swiftly flipped over on my back and began to cover my face with a pillow in hopes the feeling will disappear. But I quickly smiled as a beautiful giggle was made and felt a certain chin laying on my chest. I slowly lift the pillow up and peeked my eyes open as I looked down at the culprit.

'Oh God ...save me now.'

If I could wake up like this every day I would.

I chuckle and felt my heart trying to claw its way out of my chest as her gummy smile was presented only for me with her amazing brown hair effortlessly flowing down her shoulders.

"Good morning to you too." I husked out. I Slowly sit up as she quickly buried her face onto my chest and wrapped her arms my waist so suddenly. I laugh lightly and brushed my fingers through her hair as I stared at her in amusement and confusion.

"What's wrong?" I ask. She slowly lifts her head and I felt even more confused seeing a tint of pink on her cheeks. She grins and shakes her head before sitting up.

"Nothing. Your voice just sounded... different." She slowly says before clearing her throat and hopping off the bed and stretching her limbs. I laugh and shake my head before stretching my limbs and yawning while groggily lifting myself off my bed.

I look over at her as I made my way to my desk to grab a hair tie and noticed her tapping away on her phone. She lifts her eyes up from her phone and sent me a smile.

"Yeonjun and Sehun are inviting us to have dinner with them tonight before we leave for Thailand tomorrow." I wanted to decline but seeing her so happy and excited, how could I possibly say no? I force out a smile and nodded my head.

"Sounds good." I casually say as I made my way to mirror and began to tie my hair into a tight pony tail.

I suddenly gasp as I felt slender arms wrap around my waist tightly and quickly felt my cheeks heating up at the sight of Yeji peaking her head out from my side in the mirror while sending me a cheeky smile. I nearly melted at that adorable sight.

I smile softly at her after tightening up my hair and placing my hands over her arms around my waist.

"Hi." I softly say. She rest her chin on my shoulder and smiles while closing her eyes.

"Hi." I look at our reflection and the sight looked so perfect and right. It was creating an amazing, beautiful sensation to grow in my chest.

"I really missed you Ryujin." She says as she pulls away and walks in front of me with a cute pout. I chuckle and scrunch my nose as I began to pinch her cheeks.

"I missed you too Yeddeong." Her eyes shoot wide open and begins to send me a wide smile while grabbing onto my hands that were squeezing her cheeks. I lift my eyebrows and tilt my head to the side with an amused smile.

"What?" I ask. She smiles and squeezes my hand gently while lowering them.

"You called me Yeddeong again."

....................

"Ready Ryujin?" Yeji whispers as she peeks her head out from the door as I was placing my white bucket hat over my head and smoothing out my long sleeve, pink crop top.

After adjusting my black high waisted denim shorts, I look over at her and forced myself to keep my jaw in tack. How is it possible to look that beautiful?

She had a flowy white long sleeve shirt that showed off her perfect creamy shoulders that had her smooth dark hair flow down on her skin.

I clear my throat before forcing out a smile while nodding my head as I made my way towards her. She scans my outfit and smiles.

"You look cute." She compliments. I smile shyly before nodding my head towards her.

"So do you." She sends me a wink and smirks.

"I know." I chuckle and scoff.

"I was just saying that to be kind." I tease. She giggles and playfully hits my arm before grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards outside. Walking out I casually look away from Yeji and Yeonjun again and turned my attention to Beomgyu who opened his arms with a cheeky grin.

I playfully roll my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck and began to giggle as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly before lifting me up for a second. He places me back down and I teasingly punch his arm.

"You guys seem pretty close." Yeonjun teases as he wraps his arm around Yeji's waist as she eyed us silently. Beomgyu chuckles and drapes his arm over my shoulders.

"Didn't you hear? We're secret lovers now." He jokes but yelps as I pinch his side while playfully narrowing my eyes towards him but quickly squeal and laugh as he grabs my waist and props me on his shoulder as he made his way to the car.

"I'm hungry. I wonder where we're going to eat today." He causally says. I began to laugh hysterically while punching his back.

"Let me go you idiot." I lift my head and suddenly gulped nervously towards Yeji who was watching us leave with a sharp expression.

'She probably doesn't like that we're being too loud?'

Beomgyu chuckles and brings me down but we both stumbled slightly and gasped as my back accidentally slammed against the car door with both of his hands on my waist. He quickly lifts up his gaze and stares at me in concern.

"You okay?" He quickly asks. I chuckle and nod my head, not noticing our close proximity.

"Yeah I'm goo-"

"Don't you think you're a bit too close?" We both flinch and turn towards our side to see Yeji with her arms crossed, eyeing Beomgyu suspiciously. Yeonjun was already in the car turning on the engine.

Beomgyu quickly pulls his hand back and awkwardly clears his throat and smiles apologetically towards her. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I stared at the fuming kitten in front of us. I look at Beomgyu and shrug my shoulder before opening the door and sliding in.

Beomgyu was about to follow suit but Yeji had quickly blocked his path and slid in first. She buckled her seat belt and turned towards me with a tight smile. I look over at Beomgyu and grew even more confused seeing him smirking knowingly before going to the front seat.

...............

Throughout the night, Yeji didn't leave my side once. She'd cling onto my arm and shoot daggers towards Beomgyu when him and I would speak causally or joke around whenever Yeonjun took her attention away from me. I didn't mind her holding onto me and paying attention to me only but I just couldn't comprehend as to why she was being clingy in the first place.

The boys walked us towards the door and I again looked away as Yeonjun pecked Yeji's lips goodnight and embraced her tightly since it'll be a while till we see them again. I look over at Beomgyu and smiled gently as I wrapped my arms around him as well as a good night. I pull away and smile apologetically.

"I'm sorry that we couldn't talk as much tonight." He shakes his head and smiles.

"It's okay." He glances towards Yeonjun and Yeji and noticing them in their own little world again, he reaches for my hand and holds it. I tilt my head in confusion seeing him fidgeting nervously.

"I know you're going through something right now and I know you don't feel the same way but.." I feel my heart thump nervously as he took a mother step closer to me and looks down at me while placing a hand on my cheek gently while brushing his thumb softly against it.

"I really like you Ryujin. And I was wondering if you'd allow me to be your boyfriend."

'Wait what?'