Chapter 21

"I'm in love with you."

Yeji's eyes widen and drops her jaw, shocked by my sudden confession. I bite my lip nervously as she continued to stare at me in daze. She tries to speak.

"I-I ... you what?" She stammers out, not being able to comprehend anything. I take in a shaky breath before taking a step forward but felt the pain in my chest grow immensely as she quickly took a step back.

"I'm in love with you." I slowly repeat. She stares at me for a moment before taking a few steps back to my door.

"Y-you can't be R-Ryujin.." she whispers. I feel my heart drop.

There's that look.

It wasn't disgust however, it was

fear.

"P-please Yeji I—" she shakes her head and winces as her back hits the door. She looks up at me and I felt my chest rising and falling rather quickly as my breath began to quicken while her tears began to escape her fearful feline eyes.

No.

Please don't.

"This isn't right Ryujin.. I-I can't. I'm sorry." She quickly turns around and unlocks the door before exiting. I chase after her and noticed her bumping into Ryeong. Ryeong gasps and steadies Yeji.

"Yeji? Hey.. what's wro—?"

"Yeji please talk to me!" I beg. She roughly wipes away her tears and brushes past Ryeong to her own room and slams her door shut. I push past Ryeong and began to aggressively knock on her door.

"Yeji please!" I yell out.

This isn't what I wanted!

"Leave me alone Ryujin!" Yeji yells from behind the door. I felt my heart shattering with the sounds of her sobs. I lean my forehead against it and tapped it lightly.

"Please don't avoid me Yeji..." I softly say with my voice breaking at the end. Shaky breaths were escaping me as the pain increased with her cries from behind the door.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. I wish I didn't love you Yeji but I do." I said as I clenched my eyes shut tight. I took a deep unsteady breath before dryly chuckling as tears were threatening to escape.

"I know what's going to happen. You're going to avoid me again and this time I'm ready." I softly say. I gulp down a sob as I took a step back from the door.

"I'm use to people leaving." I whisper to myself. I stare at her door for moment, internally hoping she would open this door and talk to me and fulfill her promise.

But that's just wishful thinking.

Just another person to leave me without a second thought.

"Goodbye I guess." I whisper before turning around. I look up and felt myself breaking as Ryeong stared at me sadly and opened her arms. I quickly rush towards her and began to whimper into her chest trying to hold in any tears left inside me.

I refused to cry again.

"I need to get out of here Ryeong.." I whisper. I feel her nod as she tightens her grip around me.

"Okay."

...........

"He's here. Come on they're in their room." Ryeong whispers as she hands me my hat. I silently nod while placing it on my head and throwing my hoodie over it.

I smile gratefully towards her.

"Thanks Ryeong." I whisper while giving her one more hug before placing my mask on. The moment I stepped out Beomgyu quickly wrapped his arm around me.