Part of the pack

I fell over the edge of the cliff and screamed. I managed to grab the edge with my hands but I was slipping and I didn't know how much longer I could hold on. I looked down and realized the ocean wasn't below me, rocks were. There were sharp rocks about 20 feet below me and I let out another scream as my hands slipped, putting me that much closer to death.

I could hear the others break through the trees and heard panicked voices as they searched for me. "Where is she!" I could hear Jacobs voice above the others and it hurt me to feel how panicked he was. "Sam what if she went over the cliff? Those rocks would've killed her!" My hands slipped again and now I was barely holding on with the tips of my fingers. 

"Help! I'm over here!" I screamed as loud as I could holding they would find where my voice was coming from. I saw Embry first, he was looking over the edge about five feet to the left of me when his eyes finally spotted me.

"Wren! Guys I found her she's over here!" The others came over and we're leaning over the edge trying to get a grip on me so they wouldn't drop me. 

"Wren when I say go let go ok?" Sam and Jacob had a grip on each of my arms but at this point it had started to rain, like it did all the time in Forks, and and my arms and their hands were wet so they were slipping.

"Are you insane? What if you drop me!" I didn't want to let go but at this point I barely had a grip on the edge. Jacob looked down at me and I could see the fear all over his face even though I was the one faceing death.

"I promise I won't drop you Wren, ok? Just trust me!" I felt a little calmer when he spoke but not much. My fingers slid again and I knew I didn't have a choice. I nodded my head and there grips tightened on my arms.

"Ok one, two, three!" They pulled as hard as they could but the clothes I had tied to my ankle caught on one of the rocks jerking me back and out of there grip.

"WREN!" I fell down and right as I was about to fall out of their reach I felt two hands clamp wound my arms. "Hold on!" I looked up and Jacob had ahold of me with Sam and the others holding him so he wouldn't fall over the edge with me.

He finally got me back onto solid ground and I collapsed into his arms. I felt his strong arms wrap around me and he put his face in my hair. I was shaking and trying to stop the sound of sobs from coming out of my throat but I couldn't. "Your ok... I've got you, your safe."

I wrapped my arms around Jacob as he kept mumbling into my hair and I couldn't tell if he was comforting me or himself. I finally calmed down after a minute and looked around to see everyone sitting on the ground looking at us, everyone looking a little shaken by what just happened. Finally Sam spoke up, "I'm sorry Wren we should've warned you sooner. I forgot that you didn't know these trails."

I leaned over and patted his arm with a small smile on my face. "It's fine Sam, I was being stupid by running ahead. I was just trying to beat that numbskull over there" I said motioning to Jared who stuck his tung out at me. "Beside you guys saved my life so, thank you. Ive known you all for no more than a day and you've already helped me so much." 

"Don't mention it Wren. Your part of this family now and family looks out for each other." 

I looked around at them all as they nodded, shocked that they had excepted me even though I had been so hostile and hadn't done anything to earn there acceptance. "Thank you. I haven't had a family in a long time." Jacob hugged me again and I smiled at my imprint. Imprint. That felt strange to admit to myself.

Everyone stood up dusting themselves off before Sam spoke again. "We'll go cliff diveing tomorrow, the seas are getting to rough and there going to be a storm. Come on let's get back to the reservation." I started to walk into the forest before Jared called out to me.