An old friend

Please like and comment if you want <3 

🐺🐺🐺

The New Year's Eve party we had planned turned out to be a surprise party for me even though I really didn't want to celebrate my birthday. We had a huge bonfire cookout in Sam and Emily's backyard and as much as I appreciated the gesture I was getting major PTSD as I walked around greeting all of the guests.

Later during the party Jake and Embry carried a huge wolf shaped cake over and it was delicious. Of course Emily made it, that woman is a magician in the kitchen. As the party went on into the night I was getting more and more anxious but continued to hide it, not wanting to ruin the party.

I was doing ok until the fireworks started. Everything was to similar to that night and I couldn't take it anymore.  I excused myself from talking to Billy and old Quill to grab some food once my hands started shaking and walked away to find Seth. I finally found him talking to Brady, one of the boys who could shift soon. He still didn't know about us but we would have to tell him soon. 

"Hi Seth, Hi Brady. Uh Seth could I talk to you for a second? It'll be really quick." He looked confused at first but nodded when he saw the worried look in my eyes. 

"Uh yeah, be right back Brady." I pulled him over to a less crowded and he eyed my hands as I tried to calm them down. "Wren are you ok?" 

"Do you know where Jacob is? I need him." He was the only one who knew the full story on what had happened and is the only one who could feel my distress. 

"I saw him going towards the beach a few minutes ago, you want me to come with you?" I shook my head before turning away but he grabbed my hand, stopping me. 

"Woah Wren your hands."

"Yeah I know. I'll tell you later ok?" Another firework went off and I flinched before pulling away from him and running towards the beach. I went there a lot so I could make it in the dark and once my feet hit the sand I immediately calmed down some but that went away once another firework went off back at the house.

"Jake? Are you here?" I called out but got no response. I was starting to shake more instead of just my hands I knew I would have a panic attack soon if I didn't calm down. "Jake! I- I really need you." I walked a little farther down the beach in the dark, still seeing no sign of my imprint.

I suddenly heard a twig snap behind me and before I could turn around a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I let out a small scream but immediately calmed down when I caught his scent. "Woah, Woah, your ok calm down. Wow Wren your shaking. Are you ok?" I stood there in his arms for a second before nodding slowly.

"I am now. It was to much like last time. I couldn't take it. What are you doing out here anyway?" He reached down into his pocket and pulled out the second envelope from my Christmas present and handed it to me. 

"Here, you can open it now. I figured I'd give you half the gift on Christmas and the other half on your birthday." I took the envelope from him and opened it and inside was a piece of paper with two words written on it in sloppy hand writing. 

Hi Nova

I turned and looked at Jacob confused. The only person of the pack that had writing this sloppy was Jared but his didn't look like this. "Jake what is this? Th only people who called me this were.."

"Hi Nova." I was facing Jake when I heard the voice from behind me and didn't move. I knew that voice from anywhere. I also knew that the owner of that voice was gone. 

"That's impossible. Any videos of him were destroyed how'd you find one? I understand your trying to be nice Jake but that's like opening a sealed wound just to dump rubbing alcohol all over it."