Nightmares

A/n: This chapter is dedicated to hiddenwolfgirl for voting on the chapter. Thank you :) 

Please vote and comment if you want :)

The pack was playing soccer on the beach while the girls sat nearby watching and laughing whenever one of them fell on their face or tripped over their own feet. About a hundred feet away from the game lay Wren on a stretched out blanket, fast asleep. It was game point for the match when a slight whimpering sound made the boys stop and look around, trying to find the source of the cry. The girls looked around confused, with their human ears they couldn't hear the noise.

The whimper happened again, this time louder, and Seth looked over towards the sleeping girl, now curled in a ball on her blanket. "Guys I think that was Wren." The concerned boy said, not taking his eyes off the girl as he watched her flinch in her sleep. 

"She's asleep Seth, don't mess with her." Jared responded as he stole the ball from Jacob, trying to resume the game. Suddenly a blood curling scream came from the girls direction and the whole pack froze and looked at each other for a brief moment before sprinting towards Wren. 

Wren was moving around and thrashing as if fighting a invisible being as she let out another scream. "Wren!" Jacob yelled as he pushed to the front and landed on the ground by the thrashing girl and tried to pull her into his arms to comfort her with little success. "Wren wake up!" 

Wrens arm flew up, hitting Jacob in the face and he let out a hiss of pain but didn't release her. Paul and Jared knelt next to Jake as they tried to help him hold her still and finally her screaming was replaced by a flurry of panicked words. 

"No- No! Get off me! Let go of me!" Wren continued to thrash around until finally her eyes flew open as she gasped for air as if she had been holding her breath the entire time. "Let go! Let go please!" Tears streaked down the terrified girls cheeks as the others tried to calm her. 

"Wren! Wren it's me! It's Jacob! Your ok, your safe!" Finally Wren slowly stopped fighting her friends as she noticed the warm arms wrapped around her and the two boys knelt infront of her.

"Jake-" She choked about before turning and burning herself in his chest as another round of sobs escaped her throat. Jacob wrapped his arms around her as he let her cry into him, giving the pack a wary look. It had been a week since the accident with Paul and Caleb and ever since then Wren was lucky if she could get a full night of sleep without waking from a night terror. Every time it was the same thing, a wolf, her pack, attacking her. And every time she woke up thrashing around as someone tried to calm her. 

"Your ok princess.. I got you, nothing is going to happen to you I promise." Jacob muttered into her hair while rubbing her back. "You guys go back to the game I'm going to stay here with her." 

"I'll stay too." Surprisingly it was Paul that spoke now, ever since he had hurt Wren he felt terrible even though she said it wasn't his fault. The older boy noticed how she flinched away from almost everything now, especially him. The girl hadn't even shifted in a week.  

"No, go before everyone else wants to stay too. I need to talk to her." Paul gave a long look to the trembling girl in his brothers arms before nodding and jogging back to the others, "Wren? You wanna talk about it?" He whispered in her ear and she turned so she was sitting in his lap with his arms wrapped around her waist. 

"It was the same thing, it's always the exact same thing and every time it goes the same way. I'm so tired of it Jake, I can't even shift anymore and I don't know why. It's like I'm broken or something." Her breath had finally stopped coming out in gasps as she calmed down. 

"Wren you are no more broken than the rest of us. We're teenagers who turn into wolves, last time I checked that wasn't really perfect." The corners of her mouth twitched into a small smile but it went away as quickly as it had come.