The Best Kind Of Tension

"Finally!" Eden exclaimed when she threw open her door to see you standing there

"Finally!" Eden exclaimed when she threw open her door to see you standing there. You didn't even manage to greet her before she gripped your arm and yanked you inside, "What took you so long? We've been waiting forever." She says dramatically, drawing out the 'or' sound in forever.

            Chuckling softly, you shake your head, "Hey, I'm here, aren't I?" She crinkles her nose at you but still smiles, leading you into the living room. It was the third Friday of the month, the only night when all your friends can get together after a couple weeks of hectic work schedules. But tonight, you happened to be late, by five minutes that was, which resulted in your phone being blown up from everyone who was waiting for you.

            The absolute most favorite thing about your group of friends was that they were the kind of people that only enjoyed each other's company. They didn't need to go out every weekend and get black out drunk to have a good time. All that you guys needed was each other's time, a couple of bottles of henny, and a movie projected onto Eden's backyard.

"The brat has arrived." A voice boomed and then the owner of it rounded the corner.

"Von." You say his name in a warning tone but he ignores it, pulling you into a hug, his face nestled in the crook of his neck. When he pulls back, he doesn't bother to try and hide the fact that he's blatantly checking you out.

"Only you can make a pair of sweats and pullover sweater look this...good." There's a hint of sexual tone in his voice, making you smirk.

"And could you imagine me out of them?" You play along before tickling your fingers up his arm as you pass him by.

"I can and I have!" He calls after you as you go to meet the rest. The other two are already out in the back lying on the makeshift beds of blankets and pillows. When they see you, they fake being angry with you.

"You know, Nairi, you are..." Durk begins as he checks the time on his phone, "exactly seven minutes late."

"Oh my god!" Your voice is thick with sarcasm "Only seven minutes?! How dare I?"

"You're never late." India adds in as she takes a bite from Durk's plate of food in his lap.

"There's a first for everything." You say, plopping down onto the blanket next to them before reaching into the plastic bag you had strapped around your waist, "But I brought alcohol."

"And all is good in the world!" Durk cheers, reaching across India to steal one. India takes this chance to steal another bite of his food. You pop open your own bottle of henny and begin to drink from it just as Eden, followed by Von, join the rest of you in the backyard.

"Alright." Eden begins, holding up two DVD's,

"Choices are 'Love And Basketball ' or 'Paid In Full'. And we already know Von's choice." Eden teases as Von laughs sarcastically in her direction.

"Paid In Full." Durk and India say in unison.
"Three against one. Nairi's vote won't matter. Sorry, Von,." Eden smirks as she goes to pop in the DVD into the projector.