You Made Me

"Hello," you answered your phone with a sigh

"Hello," you answered your phone with a sigh. How long had it been? You didn't know. Months for sure.

Von's head perked up from the slumped state it had been in. He ran his hand through his dreads going to twist a loose one while finding the proper words. "Hello, my lovely flower..." He paused almost certain he would hear a string of curses directed at him.

Instead, you sighed in annoyance. The sweet nickname caught you off-guard. His calls were starting to increase. "It is past midnight Von." You knew him. He had probably just gotten home to his dark lonely apartment. WIth nothing to do his mind probably wandered. It was flattering to know you were what he thought of at his most vulnerable.

After running into him you were expecting his call. His eyes could be felt, he followed you from across the room HIs eyes always carefully averted yours when you would turn. It wasn't until the end that your eyes met and a silent agreement was formed to have the conversation that was about to unfold.

"I made you."

"You did..." you agreed whole-heartedly. It was thanks to him that you had become so guarded yet so free. Now that you knew all men lie you threw caution to the wind and became a whole new person. The rose color glasses you used to see life through were gone. Now you knew the only thing you should be chasing is your own pleasure. "You made me become carefree and bad."

Von's chest tightened as he held back a groan of need and desire. That didn't stop the small growl that came with his next statement. "I know what I did..." he trailed off, the image of you clinging to Fastmoney Goon came to mind.

The memory became distorted as his regrets made him imagine this new you tangled in bedsheets. He couldn't stand the idea of FastMoney Goon reaping the benefits of your new found confidence and attitude. "And we both know why I did it."

"Ha," you scoffed in disbelief. "Von," you let his name roll off your tongue with a sultry smooth voice. "Everyone knows thanks to the image you painted of me." It hurt when you first caught his friends talking about you behind your back. What hurt most was knowing Von was the one who put the words in their mouths. "I heard you... I heard them, all of you call me a bitch for leaving you."

Silence. Von didn't know what to say. He never imagined you had heard him. At the moment he was mad, trying to get some steam off by saying it was all on you. "...Sorry-"

"I'm proud of it."

His opinions had all but helped you earn a bit of a reputation. Not all bad. After all, you were being treated like a Queen by your current boyfriend.

Von's eyes widened... you really had changed.
It was too late to apologize. Nothing he said could stop you from feeling like a fool for ever believing his honeyed words of affection. "Be honest with me Von...what did you want?"

Once again silence. Von knew what he wanted now. He wanted you, your body. He wanted to have you in front of him, sitting on his lap- no straddling it. He wanted your lips on his.
But back then...What did he want? Back when you were his.