Cruel Industry

The life of an idol is never easy. No matter what people may think.

The constant fans screaming at you as you walk down the street, the paparazzi, dispatch, the strict rules of each respective company. The list goes on.

You may believe that the extensive hours of work, and the lack of freedom to an extent may seem to be the worst part of the industry, but it isn't. It's the relationship aspect of things that make life difficult.

Idols can't date without causing an international scandal. Rumours ruin careers as well as the secret relationships idols desperately try to hold onto. And worst of all; the hackers. They can ruin you with a few simple yet very private pictures.

Idols can't simply announce that they are in a relationship like western artists, which makes no sense at all but that's unfortunately how it is.

You have sadly accepted your fate as you wait for your fiancée to come home from the airport. You had wanted to pick her up after not seeing each other for two months, but that would have been unreasonable and irresponsible as people could easily put two and two together if you were spotted. So you had to resort to painfully waiting for her arrival, which should be any minute now but due to trafic you can never really know.

Some drama was playing on the tv, one you had seen many times before as the front door unlocked, causing you to nearly break an ankle from how fast you were running, desperate to see your girl.

Your Rosie was waiting for you by the door, tears already in her eyes as you engulfed her in the biggest hug you could, not believing the time had really come for you to be reunited. It was painful being away from each other, but it was over. Finally.

It was moments like this that made you want to have a public relationship. All you wanted to do right now was to shout to the world about how happy you were, and post it all over social media so people did not have to worry about you, knowing that you were safe and happily in love. People deserved to know who was the cause of your joy, but that was not possible to do without taking away some sanity from you as the hate that would follow would be too much to handle.

You had problems with hate and words written online. You had problems with your self image, and it did not help that you were diagnosed with BPD. Coming out online could only do harm and no good, no matter how much you wanted to do so. But you also wanted to protect your fiancée, so keeping your relationship hidden was truly the only way to stay happy. In your eyes, at least.

Pulling away from the hug, you both headed towards the kitchen, as you had prepared food for your girl so she wouldn't be hungry. She thanked you with many kisses as you both made your way towards your bedroom, with Rosie wanting to take a shower after her travels and wishing to get straight into bed as she had a lot of work to do while overseas. You couldn't disagree, you were also tired from your own projects and meetings, so you both did just that.

Peacefully holding each other, while you both slept soundly.

~

Months had past, you were now currently planning your wedding.

Rosie was out dress shopping with her mum Claire, and sister Alice, while you were browsing through cake ideas as this was one of the last things on your list to do. You had already bought your dress, the whole ordeal being wildly chaotic as you went shopping with your brothers who know nothing about female clothing. It's safe to say that you spent at least five hours trying on dresses just for them to say it looked the same as the previous one. But at least it was over so you never have to go through that again.

As you were flicking through pages and ideas, jotting some down to show your future bride when she returned, your phone buzzed with news that would, in your eyes, shatter your world. Of course this wasn't the case, but it would make life difficult for some time, but eventually you would get back on your feet and be happy. But the next few months to follow were certainly going to be hard. And with a wedding in the way, that scared you.

You picked up your phone, and froze. The message was from your label. Your relationship with Rosé had been leaked.

While you wished for you two to be public, you didn't want it this soon and in this way. You had hoped to talk it through with your partner, and mutually decide on a way to come out. Unfortunately that was taken away from you, and you were pushed into this unwanted scenario.

You just prayed that your girl wouldn't find out yet as you were sure she was still dress shipping, but you knew that was unlikely.

Messages flooded your phone from your family and staff that you work with. Some being annoyed at your carelessness, which you were sure was not the cause of this, but the majority were asking if you were alright, which you weren't.

The days to follow were what you expected. As everyone found out about your situation, hate followed. But you had your Rosie to help you through it all, as you helped her.

You both took a break from your work, the album that you were producing being suddenly put on hold. All activities Rosie was supposed to do were either called off or done without her. Neither of you could risk being seen in public, but you knew you couldn't hide forever.

It hurt your heart seeing your girl so upset, but you were equally just as shocked.

You eventually had your wedding, your lovely girl becoming your wife was the best feeling in the world. You decided not to push the date back or cancel it, not matter how much you wanted to. You overcame your fears, and realised that the world should not dictate what you do with your personal life.

The hate never stopped though. You simply learned to live with it. You did, in the end, live in a cruel industry.