Carnival with an assassin

"Do you wanna go to the carnival? It started today, maybe we could go and have a date together?", you asked from the kitchen doorway, eating some ramen in a cup that you had just made for yourself.

Roseanne had been cleaning her weapons, making them all polished and ready to be used again while occasionally glancing at the local news going on about a local food drive robbery when you asked the question.

"A carnival? Yeah I'd love to go with you, I don't actually think I've ever been to one before", she says as she sits up straight on the couch, her eyes glistering as the sun shone by them. "But do tell me, what is at the carnival?", Roseanne asked as she placed her now clean pistol back into its correct place as she turned to face you with her whole body, as to show you that she was genuinely interested in this trip you had proposed. She listened attentively to what you had to say next.

"Hmm, there's shops that sell tacky stuff for cheap, I guess for memory sake. There's a ton of fast rides that are guaranteed to make you feel sick afterwards, but there's also fun rides that you usually go on more than once. There's also some games you can play, but they're usually rigged so nobody ever wins. I've been wanting that purple bear for years", you muttered that last past under your breath, not really wanting Roseanne to hear you as you found the whole thing rather embarrassing.

The blonde knitted her brows in confusion.

"Upset about something darling?"

You threw away your ramen cup that was now empty and then sat next to the eager Australian woman who scooted closer to you. "It's so dumb, I -"

"Nonsense! Now, tell me, is something - or someone - causing you problems? Because I'm more than happy to take care of it for you"

"No, it's nothing like that", you interject, playing with your hair nervously. "It's the stupidest thing, I swear. It really is nothing", you state whilst avoiding eye contact with Roseanne, opting to stare out of the window instead.

Roseanne didn't believe you for a second. "Really? Nothing? I don't believe you, your face tells me something completely different. You can tell me darling, I wont laugh you know me". She cupped your cheeks in her hands and stroked them with her thumbs.

You took a deep breath in and out before caving in. You knew Roseanne would put on her deadly puppy eyes any time soon to get you to confess, so you made sure she didn't get the chance to.

"There is this stuffed animal that I've wanted for the longest time, it's the purple bear. But it's one of the biggest prizes at the stand and I've never been able to get even close to winning it", you said with a small blush on your cheeks from embarrassment. You felt vulnerable in admitting this, you thought it was so stupid, but Roseanne was looking at you with a huge amount of adoration and determination.

"I'll win it for you angel", Roseanne simply stated out of the blue, making you snap your head towards her with the most bewildered expression on your face.

"What? You would do that for me? I expected you to laugh at me for wanting a stuffed animal like many people would"

"Why would I laugh at you? You're my girl. And what my girl wants, I give her. It's how it's always been because it's how it should be. So we are going to go to that carnival, and I will win you that stuffed bear even if I have to kill a bitch", Roseanne expressively stated whilst kissing your lips repeatedly, making you giggle a little, but also making you scared, because Roseanne rarely joked about killing people. You just hoped she wouldn't get arrested.

In the time you and Roseanne had weaved through the streets of New York, the sky had changed from a cloudy grey to a tender pink and orange, illuminating the city with its beauty. From some distance you two could hear the noise from the carnival. People screaming in both joy and frustration, the janky noises from the rides and the occasional clanking of metal from a stand, the sounds themselves made Roseanne excited for what she was about to witness for the first time.