Chapter 5

She woke up after hours of irenic sleep. She had it after weeks and was grateful for it. She realised the blanket over her and the surroundings that was his car, her calm broke into a swarm of past reminiscences.

His scent that filled the car made her feel disgusted and dirty. She opened the door and hurried towards her bathroom as she impatiently filled and bathtub and immersed her clothed self in it.

Scrubbing her body with a pressure that was capable of leaving scars, she wanted herself void of his minty scent in which she was dwelling so peacefully a while ago.

All of a sudden, the warm water of the tub felt so pacifying to her. So much, that it was alluring her to leave herself to its altar. She had lost her sense of reasoning, her life was just an empty shell now. For the first time, she realised she had no real desires anymore. She was so lovely but so lonely. So poised but so broke, but, it was the first time, she made it clear in her mind, she cannot be fixed.

She sank further in the waters, her face now beneath the waters. She was choking inside but that gave her a clinical satisfaction. In a matter of seconds, she was lying there unconscious. Her each detail was smudged by the water.

It was night time as he looked out of the entrance. His car door was opened and his blanket lying helplessly on the floor. He raced towards her room in apprehension of something deplorable. The door was opened but she wasn't there.

He was perplexed till his glance fixated at the wooden door to her bathroom. His eyes widened and a feeling of deep set fear overcame his senses as he banged on the closed door like a maniac.

"Haru? Open the door!" He yelled, he knew something was off.

"Open the door," he bashed on it with great intensity. Even after his continuous efforts that bruised his fist, he got no response. He took out his laminated credit card in a hurry and skilfully broke open the door to where he saw his life lying helplessly in the perilous waters.

He pulled her out and laid her flat on her back, his heart was beating nervously but that wasn't his concern now. He pinched her nose and connected his mouth to his breathing into it a few times and then pulled back, placing his ear near her mouth- she wasn't breathing.

His tears were set free as they streamed down and landed on her wet cheeks.

"Please," he cried, reapeating the process all over again, checking her pulse for any signs of life but all in vain.

"Wake up, Haru. Please," he desperately cried.

Only after the fourth try she choked on the water, coughing it out and took a deep intake to satisfy the deficiency. He crumbled on the tiled flooring, exhausted and grateful. His moist eyes were flooded with tears of relief and the solace he felt in the moment was beyond words.

She laid there, coughing and choking. Her beautiful blue eyes were just matching tones with her puerile lips. Taking the support of the deathbed itself, she sat up as he too gained his composure, his eyes never leaving her face. She looked at him once and then her hands involuntarily touched her lips. Her eyes widened at the cognizance.

"Y-you," she stuttered. "You did it again."

"You would have died," he tried to explain.

A lone tear trickled down her wet cheeks that didn't went unnoticed by him. "You already killed me Jungkook..." she mumbled.

She snorted, her quiet, sarcastic, tired laugh resounded of nothing but contempt and rage. Then upon gaining back her voice, she stated into his eyes and added, her voice trembling, on the verge of breakdown.

"What will you get to make an empty shell live? Does this provide you with consolation? Or does this give you any sort of achievement? Do you like watching me die every single day?"

He looked at her with sad disbelieving eyes, "is this how little you think of me?"

"How high should I think of a rapist?"

•••

A/N: Dum Spiro Spero [Latin] - while I breathe, I hope.