𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

'Well, that was a shit-show', Cassandra thought glumly, erasing the various equations and algorithms marked upon her blackboard with a frustrated groan

The 25 year old had spent the better part of the last month perfecting her maths, in the hopes that it would lead her to it, but obviously, not.

Raking an angry hand through her red hair, she tugged it out of its ponytail, twirling a strand absentmindedly between two fingers, thoughts whirring a mile-a-minute in her own head.

For what felt like the millionth time, Cass wished she had someone with her, someone to throw her thoughts at, to talk with.

Hell, someone to share a cup of coffee with, she'd even take endless blabbing about nothings while she was it it.

Anyone, really.

But there was no one, she was as alone as she'd always been.

Hell, the only constants in Cassandra Oracle's life were her job (youngest head of the inter-dimensional and relativity unit in NASA thank you very much) and her old coffee pot, which she'd happily named Harry.

Don't ask her why, she just felt like the machine was a Harry, deep down in its mechanical soul.

Shaking her head, she picked up one of the many discarded pieces of chalk on her floor, heading back towards her board with determined, well...determination.

She was a genius, after-all, one of the brightest minds of this century, if her professors and every other person she'd met were to be believed, so one tiny, insignificant, time-bending, universe-altering, equation would not be the thing to bring her down.

As her hand made contact with the green board, her eyes widened, a stray thought, one she'd previously dismissed as stupid making its way into her brain once more.

"Surely not..." she mumbled, "I mean, I've calculated the probabilities, and they were slim to none. But then again..."

Hand moving quickly, equations began forming on the board, clearer and clearer in her mind. The girl chuckled in disbelief, shaking her head happily once she'd stopped.

"Well, that's the last time I doubt myself again." She announced to the empty lab, turning on her heels, and quickly running to her computer, beginning to input the finally finished algorithm in.

If she was correct, and she firmly believed she was, the algorithm, once inputted into a device with significant power, and since she'd long ago tinkered with both her computer, and the electricity grid it was hooked to, it did, should open passage between universes.

Or it would electrocute her to final, permanent death.

Cass found that she didn't care either way.

Grinning manically, she pressed enter, giggling as she watched the lights flicker in a crazed motion, electricity rushing a beak-neck speeds through every device in her lab, flickering a bright, blinding white as it reached her fingers, "Here we go!"