𝐱𝐯. 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧 (𝟐)

The van took off, Rita yelling at its retreating back, as a young man approached them quickly, yelling in relief, "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Keeping his eyes on Mickey, he continued, "Ricky, you were the one who told us, you don't contact your family, 'cause it puts them in danger!"

"Yeah," Mickey nodded slowly, reaching out for Cass and pulling her up beside him, "Ricky said that. 'Course i did, just testing."

He then turned to the redhead, eyes moving across her figure with interest as he asked, "And who's the bird?"

Cass rolled her eyes, a small shudder of disgust rushing through her, as Mickey quickly intoned, voice filled with authority, "She's with me, that's all you need to know."

The man nodded, accepting that, and not willing to risk his boss' wrath once he noted the protective stance he held in front of the decadent redhead.

Looking back at him, he returned to business, "I saw them. I taped them! They went round Black Friars gathering up the homeless like a child-catcher. They must've took four dozen."

From the front seat, the driver, who based on her voice seemed to be a middle-aged woman, added, "The vans were hired out to a company called International Electromatics. But I did a protocol search... turns out that's a dummy company established by guess who?"

Mickey shrugged helplessly, "I dunno, who?"

"Cybus Industries!" They replied at once.

"And now we've got evidence!" The man added happily.

"Bad news is, they've arrested Thin Jimmy," the woman driving informed them, "So that just leaves you."

Cass tilted her head, before interjecting, "Sorry, my bad, must've missed it...But that leaves him...what exactly?"

"The Number One," the man grinned proudly, gesturing to Mickey as he continued, "Top of the list. London's Most Wanted!"

The companion nodded casually, "Okay, cool," before doing a double take, and staring at the one who'd seemingly kidnapped them, "say that again?"

From beside him, Cass' amused voice repeated, "You're London's Most Wanted." Chuckling to herself, she added dryly, "And here i thought you were a good boy. I've been bamboozled, tricked!"

"Shush Cass."

"Mislead, hoodwinked!"

——————

As they parked in front of an old house, their kidnapper, Jake, as he'd later introduced himself to her, got out first, raising his hand in a signal to stop when he noticed something odd.

"There's a light on. There's someone inside the base." He revealed, Cass and Mickey coming out behind him, eyes on the window lit from within as well.
"Mrs. Moore, we've got visitors."