𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧 (𝟏)

Cass woke up in stages, not all at once

At first, her eyelids began fluttering, sensing some light behind their cover, but that hadn't been enough to fully rouse her, and so she'd gone back to sleep.

Then, she'd felt a small tickle running along her ribs, forcing her to try and move away, to escape its annoyance, and proceed to fall back asleep again.

What finally did the trick, however, was when the warmth she'd been laying over contentedly swiftly moved behind her, and she felt light, butterfly kisses being peppered along her neck, someone nuzzling into its crook, before pressing their lips there too.

Blinking her eyes open, she couldn't help the small smile that overtook her lips at the feeling, one of her hands reaching behind her to run through her tether's soft hair, as her still sleep heavy voice murmured, "Morning, Theta."

It had been nearly a month since the adventure with Reinette, a month since the Doc and Cass had taken their relationship to the next level.

A month since the Time Lord had kept his promise and moved her swiftly into his bedroom, to wake up and occasionally fall asleep in her arms, only to inevitably wake up before her.

It seemed this morning was one of those.

She felt, rather than heard his chuckle, the tiny bursts of air falling against her skin, causing small goosebumps to grow there, before his lips touched it, and he whispered, "Finally, i've been trying to wake you up for hours!"

Cass rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face as she turned around to face him marveling at his disheveled appearance, and the fact that she'd been the one to put it there; hair sticking up in every direction, and lips still swollen from her earlier kisses.

Leaning up, she pressed a small kiss to his lips, smirking knowingly, "Well, if a certain someone hadn't kept me up late last night with his shenanigans, then i would've gotten up earlier, wouldn't i?"

"But I thought you liked my 'shenanigans'?"

And she did, god help her, but she loved nothing more than his shenanigans. Especially when they involved the both of them together, in a variety of positions, taking each other to exciting new heights.

But she wouldn't tell him that, lest his ego grow any bigger than it already was.

So instead, she simply raised her brow, and hummed, "maybe, but you'll never know."

"Love, I'm fairly certain you let me know exactly how much you loved them yesterday, rather loudly too." He grinned devilishly, flinching with a laugh when she lobbed her pillow at him, blushing furiously.

Grabbing her around the waist, he pulled her under him, legs straddling her happily as he leaned on his elbows, allowing their noses to graze against one another's.