𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 (𝟏)

The TARDIS materialised right in-between two gates, one saying "DANGER - KEEP OUT" and the other saying "NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THESE GATES"

The Doctor opened the door but the TARDIS had materialised the wrong way round, the gate blocking the door completely.

Walking back in, he rolled his eyes at the knowing smirk on his tether's face, "wrong way around?"

"Stop being smug, Cassie," he muttered, smiling when she softly bumped their hips, inputting the correct commands in the machine, and pulling a lever, "Hush you, you love my smugness."

As the TARDIS materialised again, this time the correct way around, he laid his lips to her neck, correcting happily, "I love you."

A throat cleared happily from behind them, and they turned around, facing a smiling Rose who gestured towards the door, "So...shall I go and leave you two alone, or....?"

Cass blushed lightly, pulling away from the console and grabbing her tether's hand, leading the way outside.

The blonde followed, spotting a Shayne Ward poster on a wall and grinning, "So, near future, yeah?"

"For you," Cass smiled, "this is kinda old for me, actually."

A warm arm wrapped around her shoulders, the Doc grinning, "I had a passing fancy. Only it didn't pass, it stopped."

"Two-thousand-and-twelve," she explained to Rose happily, continuing, "I was in Cambridge around this time, actually. Getting one of my Doctorates."

"Engineering?"

"Nah, Quantum Mechanics. I did the Engineering bit at Harvard before," Cass corrected casually, smirking when Rose rolled her eyes at the nonchalant way she spoke of her, very much not casual degrees.

They walked out on the street, the Doc waving an around around excitedly, "30th Olympia."

Rose linked her arm with Cass on the redhead's other side, smiling wide, "No way! Why didn't I think of this, that's great! Ah!"

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about... wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood about, begging... no, wait a minute... that was Club Med." The Doctor explained, chuckling lightly at his own joke, "Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony... tonight, I thought you'd both like that."

He was so deep into his own thoughts, that he didn't notice both girls had disappeared from his side, standing in front of lamppost, looking curiously at the variety of 'Missing' posters glued to it.

"Last one they had in London was dynamite." He continued obliviously, "Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch... lovely chap, what was his...?"

"Doctor?" Rose tried.

"Mark...? John..? Mark...? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet."