𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 (𝟏)

The Daleks were advancing on them, their loud cries of 'Exterminate!" Ringing through the room

Cass, knowing the blonde was about to speak up, quickly leaning closer and whispered, "Get them talking, but don't move. Stay right where you are."

Rose nodded imperceptibly, before yelling, "Daleks!"

They fell silent, taken aback.

"You're called 'Daleks'." The blonde continued, taking off her lab coat, but staying in her place, like Cass had asked her to, "I know your name. Think about it: how can I know that? A Human... who knows about the Daleks. And the Time War. If you wanna know how, then keep us alive. That's all I'm asking. Me and my friends."

"Yeah," Mickey nodded, recognising the creatures from stories his pilot had told him of them, "Daleks. Time War. Me too."

"And me," Rajesh added quickly.

Cass was the only one who stayed quiet, keeping her attention on the pepper-pots, never taking her eyes off of them.

It would be just her luck too, wouldn't it? Not only would she have to deal with Daleks, but the Cult of Skaro in particular.

Dalek Sec, the one who seemed to be in charge, turned its eye-piece to Rose, "You will be necessary." Turning back to another Dalek, Jast, Cass knew, he asked, "Report: what is the status of the Genesis Ark?"

"Status: hibernation."

"Commence awakening."

Another Dalek, who Cass recognised as Thay, added, "The Genesis Ark must be protected above all else."

The three turned to the Ark, which had also emerged from the sphere. Dalek Thay headed towards it, before clamping its suction arm around it.

Cass meanwhile, had had to hold back a gasp...she hadn't seen this in...centuries.

Mickey looked at the blonde, still holding his gun aimed at the Daleks, and whispered, "The Daleks, you said they were all dead."

"Never mind that, what the hell's a Genesis Ark?"

"A prison ship," Cass informed them quietly, "Meant to hold thousands and millions of Daleks inside of it."

Sec turned back to them, cutting the companions' questions off with one of his own, "Which of you is least important?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rose asked.

"Which of you is least important?"

"No, we don't work like that. None of us."

"Designate the least important!"

Rajesh stepped forward, ignoring the redhead's hissed whispers of 'don't you idiot!', and said, "This is my responsibility." He stood before the Daleks, "I er, I represent the Torchwood Institute. Anything you need, you... come through me. Leave these three alone."