Chapter 24

Elizabeth Paige

"Elizabeth dear, I was hoping I'd see you here today! I have some good news for you married couple. I am here only for a few minutes so let's just get to it." He says with a big smile on his face.

"Oh it's always nice to see you, Mr.Luigi." I smile and Nathan nodded as we sat down on the sofa across from each other.

"So I am here to formally offer Nathan the merger he has worked so hard for. I couldn't think of a better person for this. I was actually kind of worried doing business with a bachelor but surprisingly you got married soon after that. So welcome to the family, Nathaniel Lachlan." Mr. Luigi shook hands with Nathan then me as I could see Nathan smiling brightly.

He was so happy, this way he can now expand his business outside USA, across major European countries. Joseph is going to be so proud of him.

We sat down again, so that they could discuss a few more terms. I asked them if they need any privacy, to which they just shook their head and asked me to be a part of it.

"Only important thing I have to converse is that I want you in Italy for a month so that we can discuss the terms and I can explain the technicalities of the merger to you." As soon as he said those words, I felt a pit in my stomach.

Nathan looked a bit taken aback too as he just nodded instead of saying something.

"Okay, I have to take off, I have a flight back to Italy in two hours. I am so happy that I am in a business partnership with you." He said as we stood up again to bid him farewell.

As soon as he was out of the door, Nathan and I just looked at each other for a minute. Neither of us knew what to say. Finally, he cleared his throat a bit before speaking," So you want to come with me?"

"I can't do that. I can't miss my classes for an entire month. I have my first terminal soon, we still have a lot of portion to cover." I pointed out and he nodded his head understandingly.

"You know what, it's a good thing, and our relationship can easily survive being apart for one month. It just might bring us closer. We can always talk on the phone or on video call. Don't worry." He says as he envelopes me in a warm hug.

Shit

I am going to miss him so damn much.

I took a deep breath to take in his deliciously masculine yet comforting scent.

"Did you just sniff me?" he chuckled making my eyes go wide.

Oh my god

This is so embarrassing

"No I did not- I am not answerable to you- I also won't- you know what, shut up Nathan." I blabber in my flabbergasted state as I walk away but I could hear that jerk still laughing like a child.

We then went out to celebrate, we had lunch at a great restaurant which served the best pizza I have ever eaten. We spent the entire day outside, having fun because he had to leave soon. I couldn't help but feel a little sad, it was going to get so lonely without him.

I was kind of glad that he forgot about the incident earlier at the office, as the way he reacted scared and excited me at the same time. It looked like he was really going to punish me for teasing him, but unfortunately his punishments just encourage me more.

I didn't want him to remember the incident at all so I decided to distract him by asking him stupid questions. Like I did when we just lie in bed, and try to fall asleep.

"So what's the best inside joke, you've been a part of?" I asked as we were driving back to our place.

"I can't tell you that. Landon and Aaron would kill me." He replies and chuckles a bit probably remembering it.