Chapter 9

Elizabeth Paige

Tomorrow is my wedding day. I don't know why but I am actually feeling very happy. I was already 27, I wanted to be married by the time I was 30. I thought Michael would propose but he never bothered.

Though the marriage is for convenience. I don't feel like it at all. We are getting married in a small but a very beautiful chapel. I told Nathan that I wanted a small wedding to which he agreed because a big wedding would gain too much of media attention.

The last few days I was very busy- selecting my wedding dress, buying clothes and packing my bag for the honeymoon. We had to do it because the honeymoon would surely gain media coverage which would spread the word that we are married. As soon as we get back Nathan would finally get the contract that he was striving for so much.

Nathan didn't try to kiss me or make a move to which I was really glad, I guess, because whenever he kisses me something ignites within me and I turn into a nymphomaniac. But he's been teasing me a lot.

In the office, whenever I was in his cabin he would touch me, graze his hands over my body leaving me flustered. He didn't even bother hiding the fact in public as once when I was making his regular coffee.

He came up to me pressing me against him and placed a kiss on my neck. The entire cafeteria was watching us, I felt so embarrassed.

Now I was just packing my last set of bag and was trying to calm my nerves. I am not nervous about the wedding. It was the wedding night which scared me as Nathaniel has made it very clear that I cannot escape it.

"So how was your shopping spree huh?" I felt hands wrap around my waist. I relaxed when I realized it was Nathan.

" It was awesome! I bought all the things I like and most of them are colourful you know. I can't believe I am wearing these clothes again." I said with an excited glee in my eyes.

" Promise me! You wouldn't let anyone control you ever. You can do whatever you want and you don't need anyone's permission for that either." He looked at me in my eyes.

"I promise you Nathan." I said in a soft voice.

"I like it when you say my name." He said in a low seductive voice.

" No, not now. I am really busy." I said as I removed his hands from my waist and continued packing. I heard him groan but he didn't complain.

Goddammit!! Such a sexy groan. This man will be the death of me.

After I was done packing. I hurried to the office as I knew from tomorrow onwards I'll be busy as I have my 'honeymoon'. So I had to get my affairs in order.

As soon as I entered my office I saw Michael already there.

What the fuck???

"Michael what are you doing in my office?" I asked him in a bored tone. I didn't even bother asking how he got in because I didn't change my pass code yet.

"Liza can't you see it? That man is all over you. He wants you. I need to tell you something." He said as he tried to touch my hands to pull me closer to him. I flinched and retracted.

"Nope I don't want to hear your thoughts and I am definitely not going take any advice from you." I said and shook my head vigorously

"He always wanted you. You know he called-" Michael explained but was cut off.

"Mr. Hawthorne you should really leave her alone now." I turned around and saw Nathaniel leaning against my door. He had his hands in his pockets and he was glaring at Michael.

"Mr. Lac-Lachlan... I --I was..." He began stuttering but was not able to form any actual words.

I wanted to laugh. I was comparing them to each other and I don't get it.

What on the earth possessed me to date Michael?

Why is Nathan- A Greek god- marrying someone like me?

Was I some pity party?

He deserves so much better than just a plain Jane!!!

That was the time I realized. I need to call off this wedding. I can't do this to him. He is such a good person and he deserves so much better. I can confront him.

Michael left the room with a series of repeated sorrys. That broke my trance. Nathan was standing beside me with a very angry look.

"I don't understand this motherfucker! How dare he?" He said furiously. I flinched when he swore but I took a deep breath and faced Nathan.

"Okay see Nathan..I am sorry but I can't marry you." I blurted out but as soon as I said it I wished I was dead.

He stalked towards me and I took steps backward but my back collided with the desk.

Oh shit! I was trapped!

" Is this because of that Michael?" He said as he slammed his fist on the desk behind me and moved closer to me. My breathing altered.

Was it hot in here?

" No! No! I just think you deserve better. You'll get any woman to marry you. So I decided to call off the wedding. I know I wasted a lot of time and money of yours. I am sorry about it. I will repay you the mone-" I went on rambling but he just straightened himself up and sighed loudly.

Oh great!! I win!!!!

" Oh that's the matter" He chuckled. " As much as I would love to hear you ramble I've got to work. See you tomorrow Mrs. Lachlan." He said and started walking out.

Wait! What???

I ran after him outside the my office and called out for him. He turned around and looked at me with confusion. That's when I realized everyone was looking at us. Including Michael.

Oh-Uh

"Sir I think you didn't listen to me when I said that-" He grabbed my waist and pulled me towards.

This man needs to learn manners. I swear to god. Never lets anyone complete their sentences.

" Nathan, everyone is watching!" I whispered.

"Good. At least they will know that you belong to me." He smirked at me as his body towered mine. My neck was hurting as I looked up in his eyes.

Without any warning, he dipped his head down and captured my lips.

I heard gasps around in the office.

Nathan pulled away fast because of which I felt disappointed. From my peripheral vision I could Emily doing her cheer-leading routine, yeah she did that whenever she was happy.

"Whatever you said inside. I heard it but I don't want to hear it again. If those words leave your sweet little mouth again, I swear I won't be responsible for the ungodly things I do to it." He whispered before stalking off to his cabin leaving me shocked and breathless.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey beautiful people,

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I am sorry I didn't update for so long. I had my final examinations going on. From now on, I will regularly.

Please VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE.