Chapter 8

Elizabeth Paige

After witnessing the awkward yet satisfying exchange between Michael and Nathan, I finally went back to my office and got back to work.

Nathan didn't disturb me at all with anything. His work is his first priority. I have never seen him fool around with any of his employees or even have friendly relationships. That is something I always admired about him. He was never a player. He had a steady girlfriend for a few years more like a mistress to him. He broke it off almost six months ago because she started becoming clingy and also spent a lot of his cash on stupid things.

There was a knock on my door which brought me broke my train of thoughts. I saw Michael entering through the door. I stiffened but then I did my normal breathing exercise.

Don't hit him.

Don't hit him.

Elizabeth.

Don't!

I so wish I could. He looked angry as he handed over the documents to me. As I was going through them I decided to be the bigger person and congratulate him for the job he got for giving me up.

"Congratulations Michael! You deserve it!" I say in a sweet smile which makes him flinch as the sarcasm was clear in my words.

"Liza, listen that man is hitting on you. I have seen it. He wants to just get into your pants. Then he will leave you, after he is done using you. Trust me I know." He sneered as he fisted his hands in a ball.

"Oh please! It can never hurt me as bad as what you did. You know nothing about him. The next thing I see you will tell me he is the one who made you break up with me." I said and watched his reaction. His eyes went wide but then he shifted his gaze.

"He called you over to his house at nine in the night. What do you think his intentions are? Huh?" He said and questioned me with an authoritative voice. Funny thing, he always thought that he was a very macho type of man but actually he was a very thin, with decreasing hairline who was only 5′8, and a big scaredy cat.

"Michael please mind your own business. If you don't get out. I will call the security. I don't want to talk to an ass like you. Get. Fucking. Lost." I said in a low threatening voice. He looked shocked first then he looked at me trying to comprehend the situation. But then took a deep sigh of resignation before heading to the door.

I was very happy. As I was heading home, I couldn't contain my happiness. That was the first time in my life I stood up for myself against Michael. He always controlled me and told what to wear. He once threw my grandma's knitted sweater in the garbage as he thought it was tacky. I cried the entire night that day as it was the only thing my grandma gifted me before her death.

I entered my or should I say our mansion because we'll anyways be married in a few days. I went to kitchen first and gave Mrs. Wilson a big hug, she was first caught off guard but then she hugged me back and ruffled my hair. She told me she is made my favourite triple-choco-chip cookies. To which I squealed and gave her another hug.

I hopped and skipped toward our room. I opened the door and swung it shut. I twirled around as I kept all the files down.

I heard a coughing sound because of which I whipped my head towards the bed where Nathan was sitting with the laptop on his lap. But he wasn't looking at the screen he was looking at me with surprise and confusion. I don't blame him. I never act like this normally.

"Well somebody looks happy!" He said as raised his eyebrow and amusement twinkled in his eyes as he got up and rested his back against the wall facing me.

"I stood up for myself and asked him to get lost in a threatening manner when he tried to interfere in my 'personal matter' you should have seen his face. It felt good. To finally speak up." I said as jumped up and down. But then his beautiful smile turned into a look of disappointed. I thought he'd be proud of me. I don't know why but I wanted him to be proud of me at this time. Only him. I don't care about others.

"You never stood up for yourself against him?" He asked in a contained anger. He looked so damn sexy when he is angry. I feel like climbing on top of him tying him to the bed and doing ungodly things to his godly body and I will-

"Elizabeth" he called out but I was at loss of words.

Oops! He asked me a question.

"Um I mean Michael liked control so you know he threw my things away, didn't let me wear clothes which he didn't like, made me eat salad because I was gaining a lot of weight and told me to tie my hair up because he didn't like it when they were down. So yeah" I said and I breathed out a puff of air. After saying that I felt pathetic. I let him control my life. It was ridiculous. I sounded ridiculous.

" That son of a bitch. How fucking-" He started cursing at Michael as his eyes were filled with rage but I cut him off.

" That's in the past Nathan but see it's only been five days since I broke up with him and I am already improving." I said in a cheerful voice and raised my hands in victory.

He sighed.

" Yeah I guess so but you will never ever talk to that piece of shit" He said with a huge grin which made him look so fucking good. "By the way, I am proud of you."

As soon as I heard that, I jumped on him and enveloped him in a hug. He lost his balance and he fell down on the ground with me on top of him.

"Woah! What was that for?" He said as he chuckled.

"I am your fiancée, I can do this."I said with a victorious smile.

See. Two of us can play the game.

"Well then in that case. I should get to do many more things." He muttered to himself but I heard it. I acted as if I didn't hear it but my tomato coloured face gave it all away.

I tried to get up but he held my hips tight. My breath hitched and slowly looked at him. He looked like he was in pain.

Was I that heavy?

I looked down and saw him staring at my legs. That's when I realized the position I was sitting in. I was straddling him with my dress bunched up to my waist. I moved but he held me tight and groaned loudly.

"On our wedding night, I swear I am going to fuck you in each and every room in each and every way till you won't be able to walk straight for weeks."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello All You Beautiful People,

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Please VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE.