Chapter 20: The Aftermath.

By the time Y/N had reached back to the chess-room, Ron seemed to be awake. He was still weak and a bit dizzy.

Hermione got up, "Where's Harry?"

"He's gone to fight Snape alone! We need to get to Dumbledore, fast!"

Both Ron and Hermione seemed horrified by that, but none of them wasted any time in grabbing their brooms and flying past the trapdoor and Fluffy.

They left the corridor, only to be intercepted by none other than, Dumbledore, himself.

Y/N thanked all her stars, as she recognised the familiar twinkling blue eyes, "Professor! Harry- he-"

"He's gone after him, hasn't he?"

She nodded, trying to catch her breath.

"Miss Granger-" He looked at Hermione and Ron, who was holding onto her for support, "-please, escort Mr. Weasley to the Hospital Wing. Miss Weasley and I will handle the rest."

Y/N seemed confused, but she sent Hermione an encouraging glance.

Although hesitant, she returned one and left.

Dumbledore seemed calm as he led Y/N, through the corridors back again. On the way, she quickly tried to explain, all that they had discovered along with their suspicions on Snape. To her surprise, Dumbledore just shook his head.

"Professor Snape has been in the staff-room, this entire time, I'm afraid. In fact, it was Professor Quirrell's disappearance, that was rather worrisome."

"Quirrell?"

Then, it finally dawned on her. It was not Snape who was jinxing the broom, but Quirrell- Snape must've tried to save him, instead! He must've realized how suspicious Quirrell was, and that's why he kept threatening him.

They finally reached the trapdoor, where Fluffy was, but to her surprise, the three-headed dog itself, made way for the headmaster.

They passed through all the corridors, which opened on their own at the sight of Dumbledore. With a lazy flick of his wand, even the purple and black fire gave way- and soon, they reached the final chamber.

Sounds of shouting and screaming could be heard, "KILL HIM! KILL HIM!"

Quirrell was there already, pinning Harry to the ground with his knees, but for some reason, his skin appeared to be blistering whenever it came in contact to Harry's.

Harry seemed to be wrestling with his consciousness- as he grabbed Quirrell by his face. The screams of "KILL HIM!" seemed to be coming from behind his head, where there was another face, to Y/N's horror.

Dumbledore immediately fired a spell at Quirrell, both his faces shrieking in pain, as he was blasted across the room. Harry, who looked beyond the point of exhaustion, finally passed out.

Y/N quickly rushed to his side as Dumbledore dealt with Quirrell. He was still breathing and very much alive, to her relief.

"Y/N." A hoarse voice reached her ears. She quickly looked up to see Quirrell's other face grinning straight at her.

A chill ran down her spine, as she recognised it, having heard it before in her dream.

"Voldemort." whispered Y/N, reeling from shock.

Quirrell was still screaming in agony, his body full of blisters.

"You.. look.... like... Austara."

She froze, as Quirrell's body crumpled to a pile of ashes.

She hadn't even noticed Dumbledore staring at her, until he said, "Mr. Potter should be taken to the Hospital Wing, immediately."