Chapter 6: Halloween.

The next day, Y/N woke up late as a result of which- she literally ran to her Charms class. She had already missed Herbology and Potions. She had later met Hermione in the library who told her all that had happened since morning.

Apparently, Harry received a broomstick- not just any broomstick- a Nimbus Two Thousand. She wanted to scream in excitement- she had always dreamt of using it, but she couldn't because the Weasleys couldn't afford it and now- Hermione kept complaining to her about how unfair it was.

Ron seemed even more ecstatic than Harry.

Y/N had a hard time believing that it was McGonagall who had sent it to Harry. She decided to congratulate him when Hermione had hurried off to the library to look for another book.

At half-past six, Harry climbed down the stairs into the common room, Nimbus Two Thousand in hand. Y/N grinned coming up to him, "Nice broom."

Harry seemed surprised, "Oh- Thank you. I thought you were angry with us."

"I am." She said and then continued, "But that doesn't mean I can't congratulate you on getting the Nimbus Two Thousand."

Harry grinned back at her and then after bidding her a goodnight, hurried to the Quidditch pitch.

Y/N noticed that Harry kept on getting busier and busier- keeping up with three evenings a week of Quidditch practice along with homework.

Time flew by. It was already Halloween. But that didn't wake her up in the morning early that day, it was Charms class that had- they were finally going to learn about Wingardium Leviosa. She and Hermione had already read all about it, before but they were still excited to attend the class- after they saw Professor Flitwick make Neville's toad zoom around the class.

Harry was paired with Seamus Finnigan, who had already put fire to his feather around five times.

Hermione and Ron were paired together to both their dislike, while Y/N was paired with Neville, who almost jumped in joy when he got her as his partner- she was the best student in Charms, after all.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practising!" squeaked Professor Flitwick, perched on top of his pile of books as usual. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too-'never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

Y/N hadn't even tried the wand movement yet, because she was busy explaining Neville all about the spell. It seemed that Harry and Ron weren't having as much luck.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron shouted, waving his long arms like a windmill.

"You're saying it wrong- It's Wing- gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long." Hermione told him.

"You do it, then, if you're so clever."

Hermione rolled up the sleeves of her gown and flicking her wand, said, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

At that same moment, two feathers hovered above their heads.

Coincidentally, Y/N had used the spell at the same moment, while she had been teaching Neville. His eyes widened in excitement as he looked at the feather above his head and exclaimed, "Wow!"

"Oh, well done!" cried Professor Flitwick, clapping and looking at the feathers. "Everyone see here, Miss Weasley and Miss Granger's done it!"

To say Ron was angry after that, was an understatement.

As he and Harry pushed their way through the crowded corridor, he said, "It's no wonder no one can stand her! I have absolutely no idea how Y/N stands her- probably because she's a nightmare too!"