this world full of lies

"Lisa! You made it!" Jimin opens the door and steps aside so that Lisa can enter.

"Yeah," says Lisa. "Do I take off my shoes here?"

Jimin nods. "Hey, is that what I think it is?" He takes the platter from Lisa's hands. "Oh my god, it is! You brought pad thai!"

"Just for you," Lisa grins at his delighted expression. "I mean, we were supposed to bring food, right?"

"Is that Lisa?" Jisoo comes skidding into the parlour. "Oh, thank god you're here. Save me."

Lisa doesn't even have to ask, because she squints past Jisoo and sees Scott and Chaeyoung curled up on the leather couch. "Ha. Having fun?"

"Not in the slightest," groans Jisoo, tugging her along by the arm. "I'm going to throw up soon."

Lisa lets herself be dragged into the living room. "Hey, Chaeyoung, Scott."
"Hi, Lisa." Chaeyoung unfurls from Scott's side, standing up from the sofa.
"She brought pad thai!" crows Jimin, holding it above his head like a trophy. It teeters dangerously.

Chaeyoung hastily snatches it away and places it on the nearby dining table, where a multitude of other dishes are stacked. "Jimin, I swear, one of these days you're goingg to kill yourself by accident."

"Whatever." Jimin's about to throw himself over the couch when the doorbell rings again.

Lisa takes a step, "I'll get it," but then Jimin is dashing in front of her.

"No, stay here," Jisoo whines pitifully as Lisa moves to follow him, pulling her until she falls back onto the sofa and on top of Jisoo. "Don't leave me alone with these two!" she adds in a whisper.

Lisa struggles into a sitting position and takes the opportunity to inspect Jimin's house. It's a little bigger than Lisa's own, and the two rooms she can currently see are filled with people.
Besides her friends, there's eight or nine other girls hanging around the living room. She recognizes a few from various classes, but most of them she's only seen in passing. A bunch of guys are huddled in the kitchen around somebody's laptop, alternately bursting out into loud booing or cheering.

Jimin's returning to the sitting room, this time with another set of footsteps in tow.

"— again? She's insane," Lisa hears him say worriedly.

"That's new," is the muffled reply.

"Jennie, you can't," he implores again.
"I told you, Jimin, it's  fine," Jennie breezes past him in all her glory, a whirlwind of autumn atmosphere, complete with a ruffled cardigan and blown-out hair. "Nayeon!"

One of the girls Lisa wasn't familiar with turns around, spots Jennie, and hurries to her side. Lisa frowns in indignation when she skirts around Lisa and her friends as if they were carriers of a contagious disease.

"Jennie!" Nayeon, a dark-haired girl who doesn't quite match Jennie in terms of glam but is fast-approaching, hugs her friend around the waist. "Hey, come over here, we've got a lot to talk about."

Jimin whispers something quickly into Jennie's ear (something about his car? Lisa can't really be sure from this distance) before she walks away. She catches Lisa's eye as she's led to the group of girls in the corner—

cheerleaders, presumably, though they certainly aren't wearing their uniforms at present— before dropping her gaze abruptly.

"Hey, Jennie," Lisa calls out, just to be annoying.

Nayeon throws her a baffled glance. "You know her?"

"A little," says Jennie, turning slowly to face Lisa. "She's my partner in English."