the only truth is you

11/23/2018, Residence of Jimin Park: The Truth

Chapter Notes
warning: potentially triggering stuff ahead, not explicit

A Few Inconsistencies Lisa Noticed Ten Years Too Late:

1. If Jennie had followed Scott and Chaeyoung and cornered them outside the bathroom as he'd said, then why did they leave the living room after her?

2. How did Jisoo know she'd find Chaeyoung crying in the bathroom?

3. "Jennie has always been a good liar."
An Explanation For All Of These Inconsistencies:

1. She didn't follow them.
2. Someone told her.
3. Does this need an explanation? Yeah, no, Jennie is a failure of a liar.

Lisa had forgotten that just because Jennie happens to be a failure of a liar doesn't mean everyone else is. She's been really fucking stupid.

----

11/23/2018, 4:11 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Living Room

The last few notes of Beyonce's "Yonce" are playing. Jennie Kim bites her lip, forces herself to look away from the most skilled dancer she's ever seen, and leaves the living room for some fresh air.

11/23/2018, 4:12 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Living Room

Chaeyoung Park turns down Jimin Park's suggestion that she showcase her singing abilities with a shake of her head. "I think Scott and I are going to go hang out in the back, actually," she says, and the two of them leave the room as well, hand in hand.

11/23/2018, 4:14 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Bathroom

"Babe, you look  fucking  gorgeous today." Scott Brookson tugs the jacket collar aside and plants his lips, messy and open-mouthed, on his girlfriend's collarbone, exposed by her off-shoulder shirt.

Chaeyoung Park wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him closer, giggling. "I'm not dressed up or anything! Just jeans and this—"
She's cut off by a heated, sloppy kiss.
"— shirt," she finishes breathily. "Scott, hang on, maybe we should... what are you doing?"
One hand tugs at the zipper of her pants.

11/23/2018, 4:15 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Hallway

Jennie Kim strides down the hallway, figuring the living room should be safe to return to by now when something stops her in her tracks. A noise? She swivels around to search for the source.

11/23/2018, 4:15 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Living Room

Jimin Park, Jisoo Kim, and Lalisa Manoban are bickering much too loudly to hear a thing.

11/23/2018, 4:16 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Bathroom

"Scott, no!"
"Be quiet, babe. Just relax."
"Please stop."
"Calm down, I'll be quick."

11/23/2018, 4:16 P.M., Residence of Jimin Park: Bathroom

The door slams open.
"Get the fuck off her."
Chaeyoung Park is pinned partially to the sink of the bathroom, hair and clothes in disarray. Her jeans have been yanked down to mid-thigh. At the interruption, Scott Brookson pulls away, flustered, and backs into the wall when he sees the newcomer.
Jennie Kim stands in the doorway and takes in the scene before her as Chaeyoung crumples to the ground and curls into a protective ball, shaking with sobs.

The football player is a good foot taller than Jennie, but he cringes away when she stalks towards him. "You pathetic, miserable,  repulsive  excuse for a human being. I knew it. I should never have let you get within two feet of her after what you did to Nayeon."
Amazingly, Scott musters up enough courage to stop cowering and say, "Oh, be real. Nayeon didn't have any problem with giving it up. She just couldn't handle what happened after."