👑 01 : The Saviour of the Town 👑

Bandits often come to attack and rob poor or rich carriages that pass by the dense roads from entering and exiting territory lands.

Usually, people become bandits because villages are poor and abandoned by their landlords, victims of war, but on some occasions, they are migrants who live in the deep forests and enjoyed luxury by doing atrocities.

Either one of those, Therionne didn't have any sympathy if they ever died one day because of the consequences of what they've done. It's karma as we all know.

And when they do, it was his time to take it from them. The fruit of their hard work from stealing. Some clothing baggage as well as the bonus.

Golds after golds. In the past years, the boy had earned enough to buy a piece of good hunting equipment in the closest town.

Thirteen-year-old Therionne wore clothes slightly bigger than his'. But he made do with rolling the excess cloth on his sleeves and tucked it in his black pants belted with an alligator skinned leather as well as a pair of boots that reaches half his calf.

Although the clothes were ordinary, his being himself was already a ball of walking monarch aura. So he decided to hide it in a loose cloak that will both hide his appearance and eyes.

Looking at himself on the lake, he happily concluded it to be good enough.

As he rode on Shiva's back accompanied by Nettie beside them, Therionne focused on holding onto his brother lion who was so quick from running down the mountain that he could practically feel that he might roll over and die.

But when the three of them reached the entrance, they noticed the place is too quiet.

Then a scream followed in the center. He could already tell what was going on.

"Bandits at a time like this?" He muttered.

Nettie nudged her nose to her brother's shoulder so he rubbed her head affectionately as they entered the town. Houses were aligned but were empty. Even the stalls were abandoned and some were scattered like a mess.

On their way to the center, a body was already found dead. He frowned, checking on the possible pulse but the stab was already hopeless as it is.

With his wooden bow and sharpened DIY arrows, Therionne prepared himself as the noise became louder. They peeked through the alley and saw several people. Everyone is holding swords and spheres. All but close combat weapons.

The townspeople were gathered in the very center plaza.

The leader-like person of the bandits sat on a chair while standing in front of him was an elder whom he assumed was the mayor here.

If I knew there was an attack, I should have called our brothers and sisters." The boy sighed, patting Shiva's back. But honestly, Shiva and Nettie are more than enough.

Magical beasts aren't only strong and large, but their skins are as hard as steel. No way a stab can kill the. That would be a shot to the moon.

Bandits laughed as a bag of gold was offered in front of them. Some even kicked elderlies to the ground for entertainment, beating up men, and forcing women.

Therionne didn't stand too long to let that happen. He walked normally into the road alone.

"Hello." He spoke calmly.

Bandits quietened in the area and turned to the lone disturbance whose stature is too small to laugh at.

"A kid?!" One laughed. "A traveler too, this obviously has some spare change there." He approached the boy but stopped in his tracks when two larger beings appeared by his side.