👑 07 : Unfortunate to Fortunate Fate 👑

The three returned to Emerald palace and laid Therionne on the sofa.

Athanasia was panicking. What if he was suddenly get another attack?

"It's the chimera." Lucas said.

The princess turned her head towards the magician with askance. Confused of him suddenly mentioning Jeanette.

"I guess you could say that she is making him suffer." He explained.

"What?"

"Therionne's only choice of better life is to keep distance from the Chimera." Lucas said but Athanasia was still confused so the young man explained. "Since they were being formed in the same womb, the chimera has been stealing his mana and infecting him with black magic. Up until now he was fine, so when he got in contacted with the Chimera after years, the black magic in his body began to react rampant, causing for his already weak and sickly body to quickly deteriorate to this state." He pointed.

"They're twins?!" She looked wide eyed in disbelief.

"You don't know?"

"How would I know? I thought she's an only child and Therionne is from another mom!" At least that's what the novel said.

"For someone who's fate is to die from the start, he's quite lucky to be thrown away. He just escaped death."

"That's a cruel choice of words. How can you even tell?"

"Think about it. He wouldn't end up in Fantasia and became part of the lion family if he weren't left somewhere to die on his own anyway. After all in perspective of royals, he is useless." it's cruel, at the same time lucky.

"How is he now?" She asked, putting a palm atop the boy's forehead.

"He's obviously not okay, but he's no longer in danger." Lucas replied.

"What do we do if the Fairy governor finds out about us sneaking out? My dad will obviously find out too." She panicked.

"First," Lucas clicked his finger and in a blink, they were in Therionne's room. A sleeping look alike of him was there on the bed. When Lucas flicked his fingers again, the double disappeared and then Therionne was exchanged in. Athanasia fixed his blanket, exactly when the door opened entering Millard.

"Hm? Princess? And this Magician?" He said finding the two barely even moved from their positions.

"Oh, Millard, you're back." Therionne slowly woke up and coughed. Damn the ice cream! But it was delicious! "I was just having a chat with my cousin and my new friend, Lucas." He slowly got up and smiled.

"You should remain lying down, Ther. Your complexion is worse than yesterday." The fairy governor frowned.

Athanasia gulped silently. Therionne chuckled and coughed again. "I'm okay. I just looked haggard because I slept too long."

"I see. Since you and the princess are having a conversation, I will ask someone to prepare some herbal tea. It seems like you caught a cold now."

"Thank you, Millard!" Therionne waved him goodbye as he left the room without any lingering suspicion.

The three sighed. "I thought I was done for." Athanasia collapsed on the bed.

"What happened? Why was I in my room all of the sudden?" The boy asked.

"Ah, that's because--"

"The chimera was so close to you your body wasn't able to handle it." He said.

"Huh? Chimera?" Jeanette? What's wrong with me and Jeanette being close to me aren't we siblings?

"Your medicine may be effective but it's not as good to entirely cleanse you." He shrugged.

"You really don't want to tell me what I'm ingesting?"

"Well I won't. Why don't you ask the governor or the Fairy king?"

Come on. They wouldn't say it. They would just probably say that it's a miracle soothing gold water.

He looked up the ceiling with a tired sigh. Then a smile escaped his lips as he turned to Athanasia and Lucas. "I really had fun today. It's my first time strolling the capital and the food was really amazing." He said. "Thank you for taking me with you."

Athanasia smiled back and patted the boy's head. "Of course! We're family after all!"

"Take me again next time, okay? I'll make sure I'll drink a lot of medicine next time." He said in determination.

"Hey..." Athanasia paled. That's overdose you kid! "Sure, we'll take you next time too. But you should exercise and eat healthy foods before we do that." She replied.

"Yeah..." it's rabbit mode again... Therionne thought with disappointment imagining the plates and plates of green leafy salad he will be consuming soon.

"Do you still feel tired? Maybe you should take time to rest." Athanasia asked.

"Oh, it's fine. I'm okay." But in the end, he ended up fainting again.

The two informed Millard about him sleeping when he reached the room holding three cups of tea and less sugar cookies.

So in the end, it was the three who sat face to face with each other.

"I know you snuck out with Ther." He started.

Athanasia froze, while Lucas frowned.

Millard only sighed. "I'm a pretty decent mage myself. I can easily detect mana fluctuations. I knew the sleeping boy I came to find earlier was not really Ther, but a clone." He said. "I know that this young magician can tell too, the black magic that was tormenting him."

"So you knew we snuck him out. Why didn't you say anything?" Athanasia asked surprised as this man knew about Therionne's case.

Millard looked at his tea cup and pondered. "Ther is the only human child that grew up in Fantasia. His only companions are lions that could not speak human language. Elves are reserved creatures. They grew up quickly that before Ther could even crawl, the elves born at the same time as him are probably running around." He said. "He may not say it out loud but the Fairy king knew he was lonely. That's why he let him come here. To see other humans and wave off his loneliness. The purpose we took him here, is to enjoy himself more. After all, he only ever knew one town that is always targeted by bandits." He explained.

"If..." Athanasia started. "If Ther wants to stay here? Will you allow it?" She asked.

"That's impossible." Millard replied coldly.

"But he's my cousin."

"He is from the Lion family now. We value his existence more than your familiar bond."

Athanasia's thoughts were different though. As an orphan in her past life, she can tell how lonely it was. Even for Therionne who had the Lion family himself. It only proved when he saw how happy he look today. She wanted to protect that smile, too, not only Millard the Fairy governor and the Fairy king.

"We'll be leaving first." She placed the empty teacup on the table and said.

"Thank you for visiting." Millard replied as the two teleported out of the room.

As soon as Athanasia returned, she weighed her back on the couch and sighed. "Isn't he unfair? Why would he deprived Therionne from staying with his family?" He asked.

Lucas blinked at her. "Why would he entrust him to a bloodline that can throw and kill their kins away?" He asked back.

Athanasia was suddenly hit by a bullseye. Lucas have a point. In the novel, Claude killed his brother the. Massacred the concubines in emeral palace. Anastacius, well, wasn't he a tyrant? He didn't know who's idea it was to throw Therionne, but all of are indeed connected to their family.

"I guess you can say that..." Athanasia said in defeat. "But for some reason, I want Ther to be here."

"How about the Chimera? You want her here too?" Lucas asked.

"Jennette? I don't know."

"Well it's enough that you don't." The raven replied.