👑 05 : Dawn 👑

The boy was asleep on his room undisturbed. Dark circles already formed under his eyes while his breathing was still uneven and being observed by the other elves who happened to be healers in Fantasia themselves.

The scenario really made some people convinced that Therionne was really treasured in Fantasia. A sickly human boy with Obelia's royal blood and became the lion's family.

Jeanette was so shocked about seeing her brother suddenly suffering like that, that's why she hadn't stopped crying until Athanasia soothed her before sending her back to Alpheus house.

While on the carriage, her eyes looked out lifeless. He is my brother. Why can't I be with him when he's hurt? She thought. She touched her chest and remembered how hurt he looked.

When the girl got home, she found both Roger and Anastacius having a meeting but she still hadn't calmed down.

"Jeanette, what happened?!" Roger asked, approaching his ward who looked so afraid.

"I saw my brother. He is very sick. He was in so much pain in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything and watch him suffering!" She cried. She cupped her face with her palms as she cried.

"The prince?" Roger was taken aback. They already forgot the presence of Anastacius who frowned at the news.

"He was suffering! I can see how much he was in pain! The Fairy governor came and let him take a medicine and he lost consciousness." She sobbed. Her shoulders were trembling violently. "The governor said, it wasn't serious. But he looked like he was dying! I don't want my brother to die!"

"Jeanette--"

"Please!" She looked up after grabbing Roger's sleeve, jewelled blue eyes revealed as tears continued to rain down her eyes. "Please help him! I want to be with my brother too! I don't want to lose him." She cried.

"Jeanette." Roger held both the young girl's shoulder. "I need you to calm down. I will investigate, okay?" He said calmly.

The girl sniffed even more, exactly when Ejekiel appeared after hearing Jeannette's shouts from his study.

"Ejekiel, escort Jeanette to her room. She need to rest." Roger told him.

The boy nodded and held her shoulder carefully. "Jeanette, let's go?" He guided her away gently while the girl continued to sob.

His face was serious after hearing her say those words. His father did tell him that Therionne was Jeanette's younger twin brother who was taken by Rosalia after Penelope gave birth, but hearing the girl despaired over her brother's illness like he was dying surprised him.

The first time he saw that boy was during the debutante ball. He looked healthy enough. His golden hair was shining from the light of chandeliers, his eyes reflected the purest of jems just like how all royal eyes shines and his smile was purely innocent, unblemished by the cruelest things the world has to offer.

Like everyone else in the room, he couldn't help but stare in awe. His heart clenched as if seduced by his beautiful presence alone.

It was love at first sight.

But hearing how Jeanette described his pain, Ejekiel had this impulse to go there and check it himself.

Reaching the corridor and facing Jeanette's room, Ejekiel patted the girl's head. "It's okay, Jeanette. My father will do something about it. I will also see how he's doing when I get the chance." He explained.

He took out a handkerchief and wiped the girl's tears.

Jeanette could only nod and entered his room with a sad expression.