👑 08 : The Unexpected Incident 👑

Therionne enjoyed another day of nap with his lion brothers. The bright sun in the sky was just finely moving while the young man lay under the shade of a big tree, lying on the grass as the cool breeze blow.

The lazy pride stayed tangled like pretzels together as they enjoyed the wind and sun.

"This is the life." Therionne sighed in satisfaction as he lay comfortably on the cushion of fresh cool grass. The scent emanated from it rose to his nose together with the scent of pine and flowers. The mix of nature calmed his mind and happily indulged with delight.

"I wonder what event will be today?" He muttered in thought.

Since it was already the beginning of tea parties in Athanasia's palace, shouldn't it be peaceful--

Wait.

Therionne opened his eyes and sat up. The story already went past the point where they sneaked out of the palace to tour the city.

Lucas already left for the world tree.

Lucas left, the tea party where Jenette already gifted that cursed blue bow. Then wouldn't that mean that Athanasia was wearing it now?

Therionne tried hard to suppress his worries. But sure enough, he couldn't and decided to stand up and check if it's really that time of the plot. He didn't want Athanasia hurt or Claude being an entirely new level of a douchebag to his daughter after losing his memories.

The boy leisurely got out of their resting space and walked away while the lions were asleep. He was careful not to get tired so easily but he walked faster just to be sure everyone's alright.

But before he could even reach the gardens of Emerald palace, a loud explosion happened.

Therionne sensed the strong chaotic magic and rushed forward in a panic. His heart was beating unevenly but he ignored that pain until he saw the cause of explosion. A strong mana emitted from the fallen source.

Athanasia lay on the ground unconscious as she was surrounded by her own erratic mana that was very dangerous to approach. The ladies were all crying and panicking as Therionne came closer. He saw Jenette was very close to the source and decided to pull her away as so not to get herself hurt.

"Your majesty!" Claude and Therionne appeared on the same proximity. Claude was being stopped by Felix while Therionne had no one to stop him, which is why he was the first one who had gotten close.

Which was a wrong decision, by the way.

As soon as he was on the same distance as Jenette, the pain struck him like lightning. The cause of Athanasia's magic exploding has something to do with black magic casted by his own father. Which is why the attack was transferred to the boy who had the same waves coursing through his veins.

The mana could be seen to the naked eye being guided towards the sickly prince as if attracted to it. Almost immediately, the enormous mana with the guiding hands of the black magic was sent inside the person who could hardly handle it.

The boy gasped and collapsed while the mana on Athanasia slowly dissipated, leaving her body to transfer somewhere else. Adding to the fact that Jenette, the black magic contributor, was close to Therionne, the pain had become unimaginable.

He couldn't even scream as the pain multiplied, stabbing his entire body again and again.

"Ther!" Jenette cried as she watched him suffer again. Her face was panicked and she didn't know what to do. Athanasia was also unconscious on the other side but it looks like she's been stabilized after the mana went to Therionne's body. "Please help! Anyone!" The young brunette begged.